Quantum Fireball ST 3.2G, Linux bug or bad cache?

Quantum Fireball ST 3.2G, Linux bug or bad cache?

Post by Terry Joyc » Wed, 16 Jul 1997 04:00:00

I recently purchased a new drive, it works just fine so far. But when I
do 'sysinfo --disk' on it, it reports the drive cache as 82k, instead of
the advertised 128k.
        I am using modular linux 2.0.29 on calder openlinux lite. I boot from
flopp, because HDA is a WD HD, which has my parents DOS/Linux system.
The quantum is a slave drive, the WD a master. The Cdrom uses the 2nd
IDE channel.
        Note: sysinfo reports the proper cachesize for the WD drive. I ran
sysinfo in a term window under FVWM.

        -Daniel

1. UDMA with 18.2G Quantum Fireball?

Is it possible to boot Linux on a machine containing a single large
hardisk (18.2G Quantum Fireball),  with 82440 BX Intel chipset?
Actually I can boot from CD or floppy, but the hardisk is invisible?

I am new to Linux, and want to dedicate a machine to learning
about it.   Should I take this computer back (while I still can)
and get one that is compatible with Linux?

2. Problem w/'ps' command on FreeBSD 2.2.8

3. S.u.S.E. Linux 5.2 says that my Quantum Fireball SE has only 80 KB of cache

4. problem solved (was: kernelpanic with Asus 266D (no local apic!)

5. AHA-1542CP, Quantum Fireball ST 2.1S trouble

6. ex-user mail spool

7. Quantum Fireball-ST 6,4GB Ultra ATA problems?

8. yet ANOTHER new user has more questions

9. adaptec 7850 scsi controller and Quantum FireBall ST Reset problem

10. problem with a Quantum Fireball ST HDD

11. Quantum ST (fireball) drives (6Gig)?

12. Cache Quantum ST 3.2

13. Q. Fireball ST/SE 6,4 GB + Linux