laptop preloaded with linux (for grandfather)

laptop preloaded with linux (for grandfather)

Post by Clare Dur » Mon, 28 Jun 1999 04:00:00

It turns out that very few places sell linux LAPTOPS. The kind of machine
shipped with linux installed is mostly a high-end, server intended thing.
However, I was pointed to the linux.org homepage, which has a hardware
section. There I found AmNet computers, which I would guess is very much
a one-person-in-a-garage operation, but he provided us with a good laptop
(14" screen, cd-rom, modem, etc) for a decent price, with quick service.
So all is well. Thanks for the advice, all.

--
---

Clare Durst

246-0962