Driver for S3 ProSavage KN266

Post by Jakob Sch?fe » Wed, 22 Oct 2003 06:15:03

I got a S3 ProSavage DDR graphic device with a VIA ProSavage KN 266
chipset in a Notebook running on Debian Woody (& lumpischem WinXP) and
no suitable driver. I haven't found anyone anywhere so I'm asking you
for help. I want my X-Server get started...

Post by Tim Robert » Wed, 22 Oct 2003 14:06:27

>I got a S3 ProSavage DDR graphic device with a VIA ProSavage KN 266
>chipset in a Notebook running on Debian Woody (& lumpischem WinXP) and
>no suitable driver. I haven't found anyone anywhere so I'm asking you
>for help. I want my X-Server get started...

XFree86 4.3 was the first version to support the ProSavage-DDR.  I have no
idea which XFree86 version ships with Debian Woody, but you can try
downloading a driver from my web site,
http://www.probo.com/timr/savage40.html.
--

  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.