Want framebuffer drive for cyrix mediaGX

Want framebuffer drive for cyrix mediaGX

Post by changk » Mon, 07 Jan 2002 17:01:04

I am working with a SBC (mediaGX+CS5530). I am looking for the
framebuffer driver that can running successfully. I am using kernel
2.4.16.

I had tried some ways:
1) using the native driver on the website of National-Semi, but I
found in its code:

/* If we are in hires mode, get that mode */
if (screen_info.orig_video_isVGA != VIDEO_TYPE_VLFB)
return -EBUSY;

When booting on my SBC, the value of orig_video_isVGA is 1, not
VIDEO_TYPE_VLFB(0x23), so the initialization can not go on.

2) I found that someone had said that the vesafb could work using
"vga=0x303, video=vesafb", but I also found that in the code for
vesafb, the orig_video_isVGA also would be checked.

3) I found that Alan Cox had written a drive for mediagx in 1998, but
after I looked through the code, I guess it was written for kernel 2.2
or even older, because the pci structure used there is not for kernel
2.4

There are so many kind of SBC using Nation-Semi GX processors on the
market, but I have not found a working framebuffer driver for almost
one week, can someone here help me?

changkun

1. Want framebuffer drive for cyrix mediaGX

[...]

2. setterm - termcap question

3. Networking with Null modem cable

4. Linux Dialin & USR Sportster 28.8

5. Help ------

6. Ask for MediaGx drivers (specially for video FrameBuffer

7. Cyrix MediaGX vs. XF86Setup

8. Cyrix MediaGX X driver

9. Cyrix MediaGX with XFree86

10. Who's using Cyrix’s MediaGX with Linux?