where is comparison of different embedded liunx system?

where is comparison of different embedded liunx system?

Post by Cuthber » Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:24:13

I will try to compare and find out which embedded platform is good at
running liunx.

Can anyone tell me where can I find comparison of different embedded liunx
system?

Thanks

where is comparison of different embedded liunx system?

Post by Michael Schnel » Wed, 14 Apr 2004 17:11:07

Quote:

> Can anyone tell me where can I find comparison of different embedded liunx
> system?

What do you mean by "embedded linux systems" ?

E.g.: ready to use "distributions", development tools generating your
own distribution, platforms, .....

-Michael

1. I am trying to do an unbiased comparison of operating systems

And now that you are all finished laughing at me....

I am running about 120 computers in an electrical engineering department at a major university.
Some of the professors want Windows/2000 and others want Linux and still others want SunOS.  I am
trying to compare the operating systems I currently use and see if I can develop selection
criteria.  With that in mind, I have created a page,
http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs/OS_comparison.html which has the operating systems of
interest and their characteristics.  In some cases, the chart is probably wrong and in many cases, I
don't know the answer.

I would like you to please take a look at the page and send me comments and corrections

reference to the original source of the information, so that its correctness and authoritativeness
can be assessed.

I have to admit to a certain bias against Windows/2000, I have installed three of them so far, and
none of them are working very well.

Many thanks,

Jeff

--
Jeff Silverman
See my website: http://www.commercialventvac.com/~jeffs

2. ncd clone?

3. Comparison of efficiency/speed of different file systems?

4. KDE 1.92 B3 install difficulties

5. I am new to Embedded Systems. Help

6. Conceptual questions

7. comparison docs on Linux and CE embedded?

8. Removing Dead Sessions.

9. comparison of embedded linux flavours

10. Benchmarking Liunx Systems

11. jfs, vxfs, different file system , different ways of increasing

12. Needed: Comparison of different Unix OSs

13. Comparison of different PPP's?