only one card in 64 bit slots allowed on A7M266-D

only one card in 64 bit slots allowed on A7M266-D

Post by Alexander Linkenbac » Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:23:18

Hi
I have got an Asus A7M266-D and I am experiencing the following problem:
In the second 64 bit slot sits an LSI21320-R dual channel scsi controller.
But whenever I put another card (32bit) in the other 64 bit slot the system
won't boot. It hangs after grub with a black screen. No splash screen, no
console. It does however boot the Suse 10.0 installation DVD or into
windows from grub. I did use the slots with 32 bit cards only before so
that is not the problem (dip switches on main board are all to off). As I
won't get past the initial ram disc I assume it has to do with the linux
drivers. Can anyone help? I have run out of 32 bit slots on the board and I
need that last slot.
alex
A7M266-D dual Athlon MP 2600+
--
"Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the
rich." (Sir Peter Ustinov)