Prob with Buslogic BT-542B scsi adapter

Post by Chris Abajia » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

The RH 5.2 kernel doesn't seem to see this card on bootup.  I read the docs
from the driver author (Zubikoff) but don't see anything that suggests a magic
LILO incantation.  make xconfig suggests that support for Buslogic is in by
default.  Am I wrong about this?  The only mention in dmesg is

    scsi : 0 hosts.
    scsi : detected total.

There is one device (a scanner)* off the card, but it (natch) is not
seen.

I presume this means the kernel doesn't see it.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

--
Chris Abajian
http://www.veryComputer.com/

Prob with Buslogic BT-542B scsi adapter

Post by Chris Abajia » Fri, 30 Apr 1999 04:00:00

More info:

This is an ISA card, a bit old but hopefully still serviceable.  I'm trying to use
it on a new motherboard, and ASUS P2B in one of two legacy ISA slots.  The BIOS
configuration has lots of options, and I've been playing with them to see if I can't
get linux to see the thing.  For example, I told the bios to reserve IRQ 11 for an
ISA card, told it what DMA channel (5) it would be using specified the mem block base
(DC00) and and port address (330h).

Even LILO: linux BusLogic=0x330 didn't work.

Maybe I'll just go buy a different card.  Ugh, wasting perfectly good hardware is not
the Linux way.  I must persevere... must remain concious... <thump>

--
Chris Abajian
http://www.abajian.com

Prob with Buslogic BT-542B scsi adapter

Post by Tony » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

Double and Tripple check you have the cards jumpers right

these cards ALLWAYS work with every linux distro I have ever tried

this I would say is a settup problem

Tony

>More info:

>This is an ISA card, a bit old but hopefully still serviceable.  I'm trying
to use
>it on a new motherboard, and ASUS P2B in one of two legacy ISA slots.  The
BIOS
>configuration has lots of options, and I've been playing with them to see
if I can't
>get linux to see the thing.  For example, I told the bios to reserve IRQ 11
for an
>ISA card, told it what DMA channel (5) it would be using specified the mem
block base
>(DC00) and and port address (330h).

>Even LILO: linux BusLogic=0x330 didn't work.

>Maybe I'll just go buy a different card.  Ugh, wasting perfectly good
hardware is not
>the Linux way.  I must persevere... must remain concious... <thump>

>--
>Chris Abajian
>http://www.abajian.com

Prob with Buslogic BT-542B scsi adapter

Post by Chris Abajia » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the message, I'm on the verge of giving up.

I checked the jumpers and switches, everything is set up as factory default
(at least according to the data sheet I have).  Are you sure it's not a magic
BIOS setting?  There are an awful lot of them...

If you could spare the effort, what's a successful configuration you've run?

--
Chris Abajian
http://www.abajian.com

Post by Cokey de Perci » Mon, 03 May 1999 04:00:00

> Double and Tripple check you have the cards jumpers right

> these cards ALLWAYS work with every linux distro I have ever tried

> this I would say is a settup problem

> Tony

> >More info:

> >This is an ISA card, a bit old but hopefully still serviceable.  I'm trying
> to use
> >it on a new motherboard, and ASUS P2B in one of two legacy ISA slots.  The
> BIOS
> >configuration has lots of options, and I've been playing with them to see
> if I can't
> >get linux to see the thing.  For example, I told the bios to reserve IRQ 11
> for an
> >ISA card, told it what DMA channel (5) it would be using specified the mem
> block base
> >(DC00) and and port address (330h).

> >Even LILO: linux BusLogic=0x330 didn't work.

> >Maybe I'll just go buy a different card.  Ugh, wasting perfectly good
> hardware is not
> >the Linux way.  I must persevere... must remain concious... <thump>

> >--
> >Chris Abajian
> >http://www.abajian.com

Agreed.  I've got a BT-542B (rev H I think) and it works just fine.
If you're still having problems, let me know and I'll send you my
configuration.

Best

Cokey

Cokey de Percin, DBA            Email:

Post by stev » Wed, 05 May 1999 04:00:00

>This is an ISA card, a bit old but hopefully still serviceable.  I'm trying to use
>Even LILO: linux BusLogic=0x330 didn't work.

I've found my aha152x (zip zoom) wont work if built as a module.
Have you tried building it into the kernel?

Steve.
--

1. Does Buslogic BT-542B SCSI card use Buslogic driver?

Hello,

My question is summarized in the subject line, but in case you lost that
(it sometimes can happen, I suppose...) here it is again:

I have a Buslogic BT-542B SCSI adapter for ISA.  Is this supported under
Linux 1.2.13, and if so which driver does it use?

Replies by e-mail are welcomed, but news postings are good too in case
someone else has the same question.

Thanks everybody.

Peter

2. desktop size in fvwm2?

3. Problem: 0 lun 0 not found on Old Buslogic SCSI card: BT-542B

4. Pure-FTPd + LDAP + MySQL + PGSQL + Virtual-Users + Quota How To

5. need settings BusLogic BT-542B, Seagate ST12400N

6. Windows Network Software

7. Mylex (former BusLogic) BT-958 BT-958D adapter problem.

8. CD Problems : 2.2.6-RELEASE Installation

9. Buslogic BT-950C SCSI host adapter

10. Mylex/BusLogic BT-930 SCSI adapter???

11. BusLogic BT-958 SCSI adapter and Mandrake 8.0

12. BusLogic BT-930 SCSI adapter

13. Support for SCSI BusLogic BT-445 VESA Local Bus adapter?