Linux with LS-120 floppy drives.

Post by Dave Cine » Thu, 15 May 1997 04:00:00

What is the status of LS-120 floppy support under Linux?

I've got one on the way, and want to know if I need to get gcc out  : >

Dave 'Kill a Cop' Cinege  (aka Psychopath #3)  ---  Super Genius at Large
The Oklahoma City Federal building bombing -
Americas first response to government abuse

http://www.psychosis.com/

Libertarian Party 1-800-682-1776                http://www.lp.org/

Post by Fanying Je » Thu, 15 May 1997 04:00:00

> What is the status of LS-120 floppy support under Linux?

> I've got one on the way, and want to know if I need to get gcc out  : >

> Dave 'Kill a Cop' Cinege  (aka Psychopath #3)  ---  Super Genius at Large
> The Oklahoma City Federal building bombing -
> Americas first response to government abuse

> http://www.psychosis.com/

> Libertarian Party 1-800-682-1776                http://www.lp.org/

I guess you are the first one.
Fanying Jen

The Fanying Jen Internet / Campus Server

http://fanying.eecs.stevens-tech.edu/ (For all other users)
http://fjen.usp.stevens-tech.edu/ (For internal Campus users only)

1. rescue floppy for LS-120/ATAPI floppy drive

My file system seems to have corrupted overnight running SuSE 7.1.  Not
sure if it rebooted (I have a UPS, but not monitored) or fell back to
runlevel 1 when it got stuck accessing the disk (possibly due to heat
which was only up to around 85 degress F).

When it tries to fsck my / during reboot it drops to single mode after:
hdb: dma-intr: error=0x40 {Unrecoverable Error}, LBAsect=14771969,
sector 14681184
end_request: I/O error, dev 03:45 (hdb), sector 14681184
Error reading block 1835748 (Attempt to read block from filesystem
resulted in short read) while doing inode scan.

Anyway I made a tomsrtbt rescue floppy and it boots from a
standard floppy drive on the computer it was created on, but not the one
with the problem.  It correctly identifies hdc as LS-120, ATAPI floppy
(the floppy being booted from) and hdd as DVD-ROM, but later hangs
during or after a partition check of hdc (which has no partitions).

I could install another copy of SuSE on empty space on that hard drive,
but is there a rescue floppy version that can boot from an ATAPI floppy?

--
David Efflandt  (Reply-To is valid)  http://www.de-srv.com/

2. Video and mouse problems pelase someone help me

3. 120 MB Floppy (LS-120) Linux?

4. AHA2940W vs AHA2940 support

5. Does Linux support the LS-120 floppy drive?

6. Perms and Ownership

7. Making a boot disk with LS-120 (was Re: LS-120 clicking)

8. trying to use Netscape Fasttrack on AIX 3.2.5

9. LS-120 drive troubles ++ IDE-floppy

10. LS-120 floppy-drive and SCO 3.2v4.2

11. LS-120 as second floppy drive with RH 5.1

12. LS-120 Floppy Drive

13. Support for LS-120 floppy drive (SuperDisk)