Striping controller for Linux

Post by Dave Willia » Fri, 22 Mar 1996 04:00:00

 Due to fortunate circumstances I am now able to build a new machine
for Linux.  Since I have the opportunity to go a little nuts on hardware
I'd like to go to a striping or RAID SCSI hard disk controller,
preferably one with some onboard cache.

 Has anyone had any experiences with these things?  Hopefully I can find
one that's hardware compatible with an Adaptec 1542 or other supported
controller.

Post by Jeff J. Barczews » Mon, 25 Mar 1996 04:00:00

>  Due to fortunate circumstances I am now able to build a new machine
> for Linux.  Since I have the opportunity to go a little nuts on hardware
> I'd like to go to a striping or RAID SCSI hard disk controller,
> preferably one with some onboard cache.

>  Has anyone had any experiences with these things?  Hopefully I can find
> one that's hardware compatible with an Adaptec 1542 or other supported
> controller.

I've heard that the DPT RAID controllers work well
http://www.dpt.com/

--
Cheers,

Jeff J. Barczewski  *<8-)

Post by Michael Neuff » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

:  Due to fortunate circumstances I am now able to build a new machine
: for Linux.  Since I have the opportunity to go a little nuts on hardware
: I'd like to go to a striping or RAID SCSI hard disk controller,
: preferably one with some onboard cache.

:  Has anyone had any experiences with these things?  Hopefully I can find
: one that's hardware compatible with an Adaptec 1542 or other supported
: controller.

Buy a DPT SmartRAID controller like the PM3224.
We're using almost exclusively DPT HBAs at i-Connect and
they have proven to be very fast and reliable.

Mike

--
Michael Neuffer                   i-Connect.Net, a Division of iConnect Corp.

503.677.2900                      Beaverton, OR 97008

1. Promise 378 SATA Raid controller stripe configuration MBFastTrack78

I need to switch from the ICHR controller to the Promise controller on my
Asus P4C800-E Deluxe.  However, I am part way through installing the ICHR
controller, and don't know how to start again from scratch.  The array was
built for the ICHR, but I was unable to install a Linux driver for ICHR.
I found the Promise driver, but MBFastTrack78 does not seem to run, and I
have found no way to start it.  Ctrl-F does not seem to work.

I think I need to delete the array and build it again.  How can I do this?

2. Kernel Compile errors - 2.4.3ac2 through ac4

3. Moving DiskSuite 4.0 stripe between controllers

4. Screenshots in Linux

5. Striping 2 Disks across Dual IDE controllers

6. cron output redirection

7. Solaris - stripe at O/S or stripe at EMC?

8. Obfuse Error - Gurus Needed :)

9. Veritas striped-mirror (Striped Pro) question

10. Linux RAID/STRIPE SET INFO PLEASE

11. Disk striping/mirroring plans for Linux?

12. striping hard drives under linux

13. Striping and Mirroring on Linux???