Damn! I've bought Adaptec AIC 7890 SCSI - please help...

Damn! I've bought Adaptec AIC 7890 SCSI - please help...

Post by Alex Farbe » Sun, 02 Aug 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

can anybody please help me? I've just bought a new PC with an
ASUS mainboard which has the Adaptec AIC 7890 SCSI-controller
onboard. Now when I am trying to install Red Hat 5.1, it asks which
SCSI do I have, but does not offer anything appropriate.

I have tried all the devices offered by RH installation program,
but it does not work... Can I maybe pass some parameters?

What should I do now? I would appreciate any hints. I've spent all
my money (really) on this PC, because I am writing some program
under Linux, but I don't know much of Linux hardware-internals  :-(

Thank you
Alex