Opinions on DDS1 drives ?

Post by Henning Saue » Sat, 26 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hello,

I might need to replace my old *tek 6200 HS with a new DDS1 drive and
I would like to know which drives are work reliable ?
The Seagate Scorpion 24000 seems to have a really good prize, is this
drive any good ?

Bye,
Henning

--

Opinions on DDS1 drives ?

Post by Ken Roger » Sun, 27 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I might need to replace my old *tek 6200 HS with a new DDS1 drive and
> I would like to know which drives are work reliable ?
> The Seagate Scorpion 24000 seems to have a really good prize, is this
> drive any good ?

> Bye,
> Henning

> --

Is it necessary to use DDS 1? DDS 2 is more current and MUCH faster. I
have been able to read tapes made on an old 6200 and running an ARCHIVE
DDS 2 model.

Ken