Onstream DI-30 IDE tape drive

Post by dirk_piet.. » Thu, 20 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for someone who got his Onstream DI-30 IDE
tape drive to work with any of the latest SuSE (6.3 or 6.4)
distributions.

Support for this (supposedly) nice piece of hardware is included in
the SuSE kernel.

I thought that I got everything to work, but 'tarring' an archive to a
tape, I cannot read my written tapes. When I start the restore,
everything seems to work fine, but after extracting some files from a
tape, I always get a tar-error message: 'tar: read error on /dev/ht0:
Input/Output error'. After I get this message 10 times, I get the
error: 'Tar: too many errors, quitting', and everything stops.

Who experienced this before?

Please, HELP!

=8-) dirk

1. Onstream DI-30 IDE tape drive

Hi,

I'm desperately looking for someone who got his Onstream DI-30 IDE
tape drive to work with any of the latest SuSE (6.3 or 6.4)
distributions.

Support for this (supposedly) nice piece of hardware is included in
the SuSE kernel.

I thought that I got everything to work, but 'tarring' an archive to a
tape, I cannot read my written tapes. When I start the restore,
everything seems to work fine, but after extracting some files from a
tape, I always get a tar-error message: 'tar: read error on /dev/ht0:
Input/Output error'. After I get this message 10 times, I get the
error: 'Tar: too many errors, quitting', and everything stops.

Who experienced this before?

Please, HELP!

=8-) dirk

2. problems with "ar": takes all my CPU!

3. IDE-TAPE (Onstream DI-30) problems 2.4.*

4. Linux Swap Space mini-HOWTO (part 1/1)

5. OnStream DI-30 tape drive and vt82c686b

6. Simple way of getting external ip address

7. Installing OnStream DI-30 IDE with 2.4.18 kernel.

8. Xfree and Diamond Stealth 3D 3240

9. ATAPI Devices : OnStream DI-30 (Need a helping hand badly!)

10. Onstream DI-30 and FreeBSD 4.1.1

11. Recommendations Onstream DI-30 backup machine

12. Onstream DI-30 and Linux?

13. Need help with OnStream DI-30 with 4.0 and current