QLogic Fast SCSI PCI and Linux

Post by Christopher Alb » Mon, 17 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I'm a MS-DOS user looking to install a UNIX system on my PC.  Linux doesn't seem to be able to recognize
my QLogic Fast SCSI PCI card.  Does anyone know of a QLogic driver for Linux?  I do have a SCO UNIX
driver for it, but I'm not sure if that would help (I'm a UNIX newbie, so I'm not sure how to even check to
see if it would work).

I'm not sure if this helps at all, but when Linux was doing a PCI probe, it gave me this info:

Unknown PCI device.. Vendor ID: 1077  Device ID: 1020

If there is anything else you need to know, let me know.

Thanks!

Chris

1. Qlogic Fast!SCSI - IQ PCI

I am trying to install Red Hat Linux 5.1, but with no success. My
machine hangs during instalation after probing  the SCSI card.
<4>SCSI0: Qlogic ISP1020 SCSI on PCI bus 0 device 8 irq 11 base 0x6100
<4>SCSI  : 1 host.
_   (Hangs here)

I am trying to install on the following system
1. K6 233 on a VX chipset MB
2. 64 meg mem
3. S3 Virge
4. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI-D, Bios Rev 5.09, ISP Firmware Rev 2.26 with
7 devices attached.

I am new to Linux and this is my first attempt to run it.  Any help wrt
to the problem and/or directions where to find help will be appreciated.

2. *** MITSUBISHI DIAMOND PRO 20 HELP!! ***

3. results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

4. S3 Virge

5. Qlogic Fast!SCSI PCI Basic

6. HP UX and HTTPD 1.4 ncsa

7. **** Qlogic fast/wide PCI SCSI: the fastest controller? ****

8. sendpage

9. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI-D

10. QLogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI supported?

11. Looking for a driver for the Qlogic Fast Scsi IQ PCI card.

12. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI Host Adapter: Status?

13. QLogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI