1. DVD SCSI burner, I want DVD+RW, DVD-RW, DVD-RAM
I've googled until I'm blue (would that be bluegled?) and I can't
find a DVD burner that has all of what I want. These seem to be
what people like for Linux:
Ricoh MP5125A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (OBSOLETE)
NEC ND1100A DVD+RW/+R, DVD-R, CD-R/-RW (replaces above Ricoh)
HP DVD300i (DVD+RW/+R, CD-R/-RW)
(watch the line wrap)
Pioneer DVR-A05 CD-R/RW, CD-RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD-ROM
All of the above units are EIDE. Is there a SCSI DVD burner that
works with Linux? My reason for wanting this is the wonderful
burning throughput I get with my SCSI CD burner. I *NEVER* have
buffer underruns no matter how much else my system is doing.
I can even backup to my SCSI tape at the same time without
problems. I'm nervous that an IDE burner will force me into
buffer underrun land.
Unless otherwise noted, the statements herein reflect my personal
opinions and not those of any organization with which I may be affiliated.
2. Yamaha EIDE CRW4416E, SCSI CRW4416S
3. DVD movies: Linux & OGLE superior to W2K & player
4. Where has all my memory gone?
5. Cdrecord-ProDVD now supports DVD+RW & DVD+R
6. Newbie question on setting up 16bpp
7. DVD drives in laptops and DVD+-RW's
8. No grahics viewer in RedHat 5.1: No xv, no ee
9. Solaris, DVD-ROM, DVD-R, DVD-RAM and UDF
10. Panasonic SW-9571 DVD-R/DVD-RW/DVD-RAM on Sun?
11. Burning DVD's and CD's with Pioneer DVR-A03 and Red Hat Linux
12. Linux Newbie - Can't get Linux v7.0 to recognize DVD-CDROM
13. Want bash '&' to behave like csh '&'