Panasonic SQ-TC510N IDE CD-ROM Changer Possible

Panasonic SQ-TC510N IDE CD-ROM Changer Possible

Post by Martin Brie » Tue, 14 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I would like to know if anyone has had success with this fairly
inexpensive 10X-5 CD-ROM Changer from Panasonic.

My system works with Win95 as a master on the third IDE adapter.
However, with the RedHat 4.0, trying to mount the /dev/hde results
in a loop where the system does not get a response from the drive.

Do you think the problem is the third IDE controller, the changer, or
both.  I've heard this changer has problems in Win NT as well.

Thanks for any information,

Martin Brien

1. Panasonic SQ-TC500N CD-ROM drive work?

I just bought a Panasonic SQ-TC500N 5 disc cd-rom changer for my Win95
PC.  It appears to have an ATAPI interface, but the RedHat 3.03 boot
image that I select does not detect it.  I've also tried the boot
image with Panasonic drive support.  Does anyone know if this drive is
supported under Linux?  If so, what drivers do I need to use?

Thanks!
Brandon

2. X server problems - newbie question

3. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

4. TFTP server and symbolic links

5. Looking for IDE CD-ROM changer

6. d_name member of struct dirent

7. Does Linux support NEC 8X4 IDE CD-ROM changer?

8. xdm and desktops

9. CD ROM Support For Older Panasonic CD-ROM Drives

10. Panasonic IDE CD changer, experiences?

11. Panasonic IDE CD-ROM usable under Linux?

12. Need driver for Matsushita/Panasonic IDE CD-ROM