Sound card: poor quality from CD drive... mixer needed?

Sound card: poor quality from CD drive... mixer needed?

Post by Mark Lehre » Sat, 31 Oct 1998 04:00:00

I have a Micron motherboard with an integrated SB16.  I have a CD
drive plugged into the CD input, but the sound through it is terrible
compared to just using the jack in the CD-ROM.  It sounds like the
bass is turned way way down.

How can I improve the sound quality?  I have wmmixer but it's bass and
treble adjustments don't do anything.

Thanks!
Mark

Sound card: poor quality from CD drive... mixer needed?

Post by Christopher Michael Colli » Thu, 05 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

>I have a Micron motherboard with an integrated SB16.  I have a CD
>drive plugged into the CD input, but the sound through it is terrible
>compared to just using the jack in the CD-ROM.  It sounds like the
>bass is turned way way down.

>How can I improve the sound quality?  I have wmmixer but it's bass and
>treble adjustments don't do anything.

I too have poor sound from the card.  I have a sb16, and the output
is just off, below cd quality.  How do I test the CD-Soundcard config
and it's output to make sure everything is configured to its max
potential.  If it is at max quality right now, it sucks.
--
--Chris