Olivetti Envision P75 and Linux

Post by Gert van der Knokk » Fri, 25 Oct 1996 04:00:00

Hi,

Anyone running Linux (and X) on an Olivetti Envision P75?
I'm trying desperately (...) to get X running preferably in TV mode so
it can be used on a large TV set.

The machine is running Linux 2.0.12 currently, the built-in
video chipset is a TGUI9470 (a 9440 derivative) but it goes out of sync
under X with the TV and on a VGA monitor it just blanks out.
Console is OK.

Maybe anyone has the I/O register adresses for this chipset and is it
possible to patch up the SVGA server.

Gert

please reply in email (too) because I don't have steady access to this
newsgroup.
P.S. I've tried the VGA16 and the latest beta 3.12G of the SVGA server.
--    Linux =  Unix_the_next_generation(no_args)      --

1. X on Trident and Olivetti Envision

Hi,

Is there a reasonable X for the Trident chipset 9440 and derivates as
the 9470. I'm trying to get an Olivetti Envision to run Linux as it can
display on a large screen TV. The envision has also some other nifty
features like the front display but so far I've been unable to get some
info about this (what I/O addresses IRQ etc.)

Please reply in email as I don't visit these news areas automatically
(yet...)

Gert

--    Linux =  Unix_the_next_generation(no_args)      --

2. Question from a beginner .....I need help

3. Olivetti M4 Modulo P75 ???

4. 44P ethernet card and promiscuous mode

5. Olivetti Echos P75 notebook - any good?

6. HP-printer working?

7. Matrox Mystique ands X.

8. Svgalib 1.25: ET4000/W32 not recognized

9. Anybody using Linux on DELL DIMENSION P90 and P75 PCs?

10. Linux and DELL P90 or DELL P75

11. Right price for P75/24MB used Linux/NT workstation?

12. Linux on a Dell P75 laptop?

13. Linux text problems on Dell Latitude XPi P75 D