More scsi problems...

Post by Steph » Mon, 22 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Well I thought I was buying a supported scsi card but I didn't
realize there are 2 different 1505 adaptec cards. An "AHA" and an
"AVA". Of course I found out I had the wrong one after windows 95
installed it with no problems. The windows driver has been out
for years so am I correct in assuming this card will probably
never get linux support? I've tried disabling the pnp and
manually setting it up, making the initrd files etc. but no luck.
I'm about to give up getting a scanner to work in Linux as it's
hard finding the old hardware that is supported by linux.... Any
idea's? Am I wasting my time trying to get this card to work?
This is getting REAL frustrating..
--

        Stephe