Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 - winmodem?

Post by arozhko » Tue, 02 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Eternal question: If Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 is winmodem or it can
work with Linux?

Alex Rozhkov.

Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 - winmodem?

Post by James Lothia » Thu, 04 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've just bought one of these, unfortunately, and although I haven't
tried it with Linux yet, I'm almost sure it's a winmodem (no discernible
rom on the board, loads lots of VXDs and godknowswhatelse on Windows).
* * *.

James

> Eternal question: If Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 is winmodem or it can
> work with Linux?

> Alex Rozhkov.

Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 - winmodem?

Post by Colin Radfo » Fri, 05 Feb 1999 04:00:00

On Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:33:59 +0000, James Lothian

>I've just bought one of these, unfortunately, and although I haven't
>tried it with Linux yet, I'm almost sure it's a winmodem (no discernible
>rom on the board, loads lots of VXDs and godknowswhatelse on Windows).
>* * *.

I have two of them working with Linux (2.0.36 and 2.2.0) so they are
not Winmodems. I had to use the PNP tools to get them working
properly.

Colin

Post by Colin Radfo » Sat, 06 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>I have two of them working with Linux (2.0.36 and 2.2.0) so they are
>not Winmodems. I had to use the PNP tools to get them working
>properly.

Sorry guys, despite what I said the modems I have are the v.90 ISA
models, my brain skipped over the PCI bit when I read the message
header! ;-(

Colin

Post by arozhko » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> On Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:33:59 +0000, James Lothian

> >I've just bought one of these, unfortunately, and although I haven't
> >tried it with Linux yet, I'm almost sure it's a winmodem (no discernible
> >rom on the board, loads lots of VXDs and godknowswhatelse on Windows).
> >* * *.

> I have two of them working with Linux (2.0.36 and 2.2.0) so they are
> not Winmodems. I had to use the PNP tools to get them working
> properly.

> Colin

I don't understand - the modem is PCI, so isapnp are not going to work with
it. If there is
similar software for PCI or you  can do the trick with isapnp ?

Alex Rozhkov.

Diamond Supra PCI 56i V.90 - winmodem?

Post by Vladimir Pasma » Tue, 09 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Be careful. All of The supra Max's are winmodems. Some of the Supra Express'
are not. You can easily distinguish the price. Supra Express winmodem goes
for about $50/60 - $20 rebate, and the good modem goes for $80/100 - $20
rebate. I tried max first and it
crashed my Win98 even before I realized it was a Winmodem.
SupraExpress (non-win) version works fine, but it only gave me
33K at most on the same line where a USR faxmodem connected
at 51K all the time. So, I sent all the Supras back to the store: to me
they aren't worth the money.

>On Wed, 03 Feb 1999 15:33:59 +0000, James Lothian

>>I've just bought one of these, unfortunately, and although I haven't
>>tried it with Linux yet, I'm almost sure it's a winmodem (no discernible
>>rom on the board, loads lots of VXDs and godknowswhatelse on Windows).
>>* * *.

>I have two of them working with Linux (2.0.36 and 2.2.0) so they are
>not Winmodems. I had to use the PNP tools to get them working
>properly.

>Colin

1. Modem Diamond Multimedia Supra PCI 56i - winmodem or not?

Hello!

  I tried to make that modem running under Linux. I tried playing with
setserial - I made proper settings but it didn't help. I have no idea what
to do now. Maybe it is a winmodem - I really need to talk with someone who
knows something about it!

THX!

--
Cayco and cayc0 are
registered trademarks

2. PPP wipes out route table!

3. Supra 56i Sp V.90

4. Reseting the MCSR0 Register on a SPARC CPU 5V

5. Is my Diamond Supra Express 56i V Pro PCI modem Linux compatible?

6. Intel Ether Pro 10/100 problems

7. Diamond Supra Express 56i PRO Pci modem

8. Version Control

9. Diamond SupraMax 56k V.90 PCI internal. Winmodem????

10. Diamond SupraExpress 56i v.90

11. Diamond Supra Express 56i SP PC Modem

12. Linux and Diamond Supra 56i pnp

13. Diamond Supra Express 56i Modem