@@@CD-ROM lost interrputs

Post by Peda Bon » Tue, 20 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Since I have installed RedHat V6.2 linux (fresh install - replacing
V5.1) I am recieving hdc lost interrput errors when accessing cd-rom.
For instance, when installing an RPM from cd-rom with -ivh, you will get
####, then the lost interrupt error(s).

The system is a P133, Intel FX triton M/B with 2 x hdd on primary and
cd-rom on secondary IDE port. Has any one encountered this same
problem?. Note this problem did not occur on RedHat v5.1 on the same
system. There is no problems reading cd-rom for dos or win95 (was able
to copy all RPMS to hdd to install Linux).

1. SuSE 8.0 - Lost control over floppy, Cd-rom, Cd-recorder...

I have a Linux SuSE 8.0 which installed without problems from a
CD-Rom.
Yesterday I bought a CD-ReWriter, in order to make backups of my
files.
I tried to follow the (too slim) documentation I found at
http://sdb.suse.de/en/sdb/html/tbraza_ide_brenner.html with the hope
it would work. It did not, though. No new (CD-ReWriter) icon appeared
in the desktop.
The worst is that I also lost control over my floppy (Could not mount
device: /dev/fd0 is not a valid block device) and over the formerly
working CD-Rom (Could not mount device: no medium found).
I browsed the usenet, but could not find a way to fix this problem.
I include here a few info:
hdc: CREATIVE CD5233E, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
hdd: PHILIPS CDRW48P, ATAPI CD/DVD-ROM drive
Somewere in my system I find written that:
PHILIPS CDRW48P has the following
Bus: SCSI
CD Type: cdrw
Device name: /dev/sr1
driver: ide-scsi
notready: Yes
and that *also* CDRW48P has the following
Bus: SCSI
CD Type: cdrom
Device name: /dev/sr0
driver: ide-scsi
notready: Yes

I am a beginner; please help, if possible.
Which commands should I use to undertand and/or fix this annoyance?
Thanks
Luigi Martini

2. login via modem

4. How to copy data Windows <--> Linux via parallel port?

5. CD-ROM driver for Turtle Beach/Funai 6X CD-ROM?

6. 1.5/i386 pkg 2 cd set ?

7. Intsall from CD-ROM without a CD-ROM

8. Linux Slackware 2.1

9. Strange CD-ROM Issue (aka CD-ROM Problem)

10. PAS 16 CD-ROM and Slakware96, mounting CD-ROM crashes system

11. CD-ROm ? WHat CD-ROM

12. Mount CD-ROM over network and report as CD-ROM

13. Universal CD-ROM resells LINUX CD-ROM