CDRDAO with HP CDWriter + 9100

Post by steve.. » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Has anyone got CDRDAO to work with the HP CDWriter Plus Series 9100?
Maybe I am using the wrong driver or something. I tried with drivers
generic-mmc and generic-mmc-raw, but I get weird errors using them:
writing to file:

Copying data track 1 (MODE1): start 00:00:00, length 67:47:12
to "data.bin"...
Warning: Padding with 2 zero sectors.
Cannot read CD-TEXT data - maybe not supported by drive.

reading from file:
Using driver: Generic SCSI-3/MMC (raw writing) - Version 1.0 (options
0x0000)

Starting write simulation ERROR: Requested mode page exceeds provided
buffer size.
ERROR: Cannot retrieve CD capabilities mode page.
at speed 0...
Pausing 10 seconds - hit CTRL-C to abort.
Process can be aborted with QUIT signal (usually CTRL-\).
Using 96 byte raw P-W sub-channel data mode.
INTERNAL ERROR: Illegal time field value at cue sheet entry: 3
ERROR: Simulation failed.

My commands are:
./cdrdao read-cd --read-raw --driver generic-mmc --device 0,0,0 win2000
and
./cdrdao write --driver generic-mmc --device 0,0,0 win2000

Maybe I am using the wrong driver, I don't know. Does anyone know?

- steve
--
--------------------------------------
If you want to send me an email, send it to:

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. SCSI emulation for HP 9100 CDRW?

I have a HP 9100 series CDRW. When I first ran xcdroast 0.98 (CD burner software under Gnome), it said that I had to run SCSI emulation for it to correctly setup my CDRW (which is actually IDE). How do I enable SCSI emulation? Neither
CD-WRITER-HOWTO and CD-ROM-HOWTO explain how to do this (even though a dialog box from within xcdroast prompts you to consult them), however my HP 9100 series CDRW is listed as a supported burner in these HOWTO's.
Can anyone recommend a good CDRW software program for RH7 that is tried and proven?

Highlander

2. Token Ring/Ethernet

3. can't mount HP cd-writer 9100

4. "talk" with linux

5. Cdrdao on HP 8200 series ?

6. Please help. Sendmail not delivering local mail on Linux

7. hp 8230e and cdrdao on debian woody

8. Newbie Solaris Question. Please HELP

9. WANTED: Opinions on Solo 9100 LS vs. Inspiron 7000

10. Initio 9100 Driver for Linux

11. sound on gateway solo 9100

12. Trouble with PCMCIA modem on Gateway 9100

13. Problems installing linux on a Gateway solo 9100