HELP! Configuring Linksys Wireless NIC on RH 7.3

HELP! Configuring Linksys Wireless NIC on RH 7.3

Post by Mike » Tue, 10 Sep 2002 11:07:39

It seems that RH 7.3 should have the option for installing a Wireless
NIC through the network config per this address
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/...

I have all options there except for wireless :(  Need to know what I
need to install to get it.  I have a linksys Wireless Adapter.  I have
been searching for info on installing it for the past couple hours.  A
couple things I have tried seemed promising and I know I am on the
right track - but it is just not working.  I just need a nudge in the
proper directions.

TIA

-Mike-

HELP! Configuring Linksys Wireless NIC on RH 7.3

Post by rick » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 20:55:46

Quote:

> I have all options there except for wireless :(  Need to know what I
> need to install to get it.  I have a linksys Wireless Adapter.  I
> have been searching for info on installing it for the past couple
> hours.  A couple things I have tried seemed promising and I know I
> am on the right track - but it is just not working.  I just need a
> nudge in the proper directions.

The Linksys cards usually are Prism2 chipsets.  Check out
linux-wlan.com.  The ng drivers are known to work.

1. HELP! Conifguring Linksys Wireless Adapter on RH 7.3

It seems that RH 7.3 should have the option for installing a Wireless
NIC through the network config per this address
http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/custom-guide/...

I have all options there except for wireless :(  Need to know what I
need to install to get it.  I have a linksys Wireless Adapter.  I have
been searching for info on installing it for the past couple hours.  A
couple things I have tried seemed promising and I know I am on the
right track - but it is just not working.  I just need a nudge in the
proper directions.

TIA

-Mike-

2. syslog on another box

3. HELP! Configuring RH 7.3 with Wireless Adapter

4. Can't Access USB Flash Drive as /dev/sda

5. HELP! - Configuring RH 7.3 with Wireless Networking

6. Hows unix for jobs and working?

7. configuring wireless card wpc11 v3 with rh 7.3

8. debug kernel panic

9. Wireless on RH 7.3? (need help bad!)

10. Linksys Wireless Card V3 in Redhat 7.3 laptop (it's kinda working)

11. Need help activating two NIC in same computer using RH 7.3

12. Linksys PCM200 and RH 7.3

13. RH 7.3 and Linksys WPC11 Wont see Access Point