AMD 33C93 SCSI driver

Post by Thomas Sky » Tue, 11 Feb 2003 01:19:05

Hi,

I'm currently trying to adapt some code I received from Osamu Tomita for
the pc98 scsi adaptors based on the 33c93-chipset.

What I want is a driver that works with the DawiControl DC93 host adaptor,
mainly found in Germany (I suppose), but the driver should be well-working
with other cards based on the same chipset.

I've placed the code from Osamu at http://www.veryComputer.com/
and my own current version at http://www.veryComputer.com/

I would be grateful if anyone with just a little more knowledge than me
could explain this problem:

The driver scans through the IO ports and finds the correct one, but
doesn't figure out the IRQ or DMA. Instead it just picks a random one
within it's predefined range of possible ones.

It looks something like this:
SCSI subsystem driver Revision: 1.00
DC93: SASR(340 = 340)
DC93: end of getconfig
DC93: config: base io = 340, irq = 7, dma channel = 3, scsi id = 4
DC93: scsi host found at 340 irq = 7, use dma channel 3.
DC93: aux: 1d status: 56
wd33c93-0: chip=unknown/11 no_sync=0xff no_dma=0 debug_flags=0x00
????????setup_args=,,,,,,,,,
????????Version 1.25 - 09/Jul/1997, Compiled Feb? 9 2003 at 15:24:18
scsi0 : SCSI DC93
scsi : aborting command due to timeout : pid 0, scsi 0, channel 0, id 0,
lun 0 Inquiry 00 00 00 ff 00
scsi0: warning : SCSI command probably completed successfully
before *.

/Thomas Skyt

AMD 33C93 SCSI driver

Post by Thomas Sky » Thu, 13 Feb 2003 18:05:47

Just a little update:

If you want to know what's going on in the development, join the
mailinglist. Simply send a mail containing "subscribe dc93" to

/Thomas

1. AMD 33C93 SCSI driver

I've placed the code from Osamu at http://thomas.sofagang.dk/33c93/osamu
and my own current version at http://thomas.sofagang.dk/33c93/thskyt

[...]

before abortion.

/Thomas Skyt

2. Quota

3. AMD scsi drivers

4. VMS backup format conversion?

5. Need Integrated PCI AMD Fast SCSI 2 Driver

6. Recommendations for an X11 debugger?

7. SCSI-Drivers for AMD

8. elm & metamail for MIME ?

9. AMD SCSI drivers

10. AMD SCSI chip drivers

11. Wanted: Linux Driver for AMD PCI SCSI

12. PROBLEM: drivers/scsi/sd.c - Incorrect Reporting of Blocks and Capacity of Large SCSI Disk Arrays

13. SCSI Driver that Supports SCSI Target Mode