ANNOUNCE: New server dedicated to Linux searches...

ANNOUNCE: New server dedicated to Linux searches...

Post by Daniele Carbonett » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:02:40

Hi all!!

Only a few words to announce the opening on http://linux.carbonetti.org of
some new
services dedicated to who searches info and files on Linux:

* A search engine on the RPM Archive (*.rpm) with information, list of
contents and search of dependencies of the file requested!

* A search engine to find an rpm package given a file. It's useful if you
don't
know which package owns the file you specify.

* Linux Newsgroups archived on daily basis as a compressed mailbox digest.

* A search engine on newsgroups with the ability to search by by day and
by newsgroup.

* Gateway of the newsgroups on the web with the ability to view the
messages ordered by subject, date, author and thread.

* Many mirrors online with tons of files except .iso images due to huge disk
space
requirements and because the primary goal of this site is the Rpm search
engine.
Mirrors available: redhat, centos, suse, freshrpms, contrib, fedora,
yellowdog

* .... and much more!!

The address: http://linux.carbonetti.org

For more info: http://linux.carbonetti.org/contact.html

Thank you for your time reading this!

Bye Bye!

Daniele Carbonetti

----
Daniele Carbonetti
Unix System Administrator

ANNOUNCE: New server dedicated to Linux searches...

Post by Thor » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:14:30

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:02:40 +0200, Daniele Carbonetti Cried: Read These Runes!:

Hmmm.  How much credibility can there be in a unix admin posting with M$OE?

> ----
> Daniele Carbonetti
> Unix System Administrator

Thorn
--
Warp 7 -- It's a law we can live with.

ANNOUNCE: New server dedicated to Linux searches...

Post by Michael Heimin » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 01:52:19

begin  outcrap.vbs

> On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:02:40 +0200, Daniele Carbonetti Cried: Read These Runes!:
> Hmmm.  How much credibility can there be in a unix admin posting with M$OE?
>> ----
>> Daniele Carbonetti
>> Unix System Administrator

Out*is the worst cancer concerning MTA/nntp reader I have
ever seen. But then what would expect from buggy software
ignoring RFCs (Ie. defaulting to top-posting)?

#bofh excuse 139: UBNC (user brain not connected)

Post by Floyd L. Davids » Wed, 13 Jul 2005 02:02:58

>On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 17:02:40 +0200, Daniele Carbonetti Cried: Read These Runes!:

>Hmmm.  How much credibility can there be in a unix admin posting with M$OE?

And multiposting the same article to several different groups individually.

--
Floyd L. Davidson           <http://web.newsguy.com/floyd_davidson>

1. ANNOUNCE: New server dedicated to Linux searches...

[...]

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (2/7) [Frequent posting]

3. Linux dedicated UT server vs. Win32 dedicated server ?

4. Shared libs and memory usage

5. New to Linux, want to run dedicated game server

6. YACC based SHELL source ?

7. Dedicated Unix dedicated Server

8. Can I use any color inkjet printer for LInux??

9. Announcing; New Linux BBS Software / New Linux BBS

10. ANNOUNCE: New channel "ANNOUNCE" on Linux-activists

11. ANNOUNCE: new search engine for computer related material

12. New webportal dedicated all about the The Linux-started Jul,7:http://linuxnet.x15.org