PCMCIA CD ROM Won't mount - Anyone send me ide-probe.o ??

PCMCIA CD ROM Won't mount - Anyone send me ide-probe.o ??

Post by Les Otte » Thu, 31 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am running RH Linux 5.2 on my Compaq laptop, and, after installing Linux
from the CD drive, I cant mount the device, despite all the correct mount
commands, ISO9660 loaded etc.
At the terminal, I get :-

"mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/hdc1 as a block device
(maybe `insmod driver'?)"

In the messages file, I get a modprobe error "can't locate module
block-major-22" . (Maybe that is my problem??)
block-major-22 is an Insmod alias for ide-probe.o , which, sure enough, is
not on
my system.  Can't look for it on the CD ROM now, cos I can't mount the
thing!!
Anyone send me a copy of the file "ide-probe.o" please??  Maybe that will
fix my problem??

Regards
Les Otter

1. PCMCIA CD ROM Won't mount - Anyone send me ide-probe.o ??

I am running RH Linux 5.2 on my Compaq laptop, and, after installing Linux
from the CD drive, I cant mount the device, despite all the correct mount
commands, ISO9660 loaded etc.
At the terminal, I get :-

"mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/hdc1 as a block device
(maybe `insmod driver'?)"

In the messages file, I get a modprobe error "can't locate module
block-major-22" . (Maybe that is my problem??)
block-major-22 is an Insmod alias for ide-probe.o , which, sure enough, is
not on
my system.  Can't look for it on the CD ROM now, cos I can't mount the
thing!!
Anyone send me a copy of the file "ide-probe.o" please??  Maybe that will
fix my problem??

Regards
Les Otter

2. DF-flag

3. PCMCIA ATA/IDE CD-ROM won't mount

4. New Organization

5. Linux from Nascent CD-ROM won't mount my panasonic cd-rom drive

6. GLX with Mach64 3D Rage Pro AGP 1X/2X possible?

7. IDE CD-ROM drive won't mount!!!

8. PPP/masquerading? linux lan

9. Won't detect and mount CD-ROM (Yggdrasil, cd-dependent)

10. CD-ROM mount needs source <--> source needs CD-ROM mount

11. Toshiba CD-Rom, Adaptec PCMCIA to SCSI won't work

12. Mounting CD ROM vs. Mounting CD ROM

13. Cd-Rom recognized but won't mount