HELP! Stallion & Specialix Serial Boards

HELP! Stallion & Specialix Serial Boards

Post by Robert Stephen » Fri, 18 Oct 1996 04:00:00

G'dal all.

I have a problem, I have 2 serial co-processed serial boards, which I
wish to run under Linux, one has a 'alpha' driver that isn't working
correctly and the other has no driver.

The 2 serial boards I have is a Specialix 8 port TA coprocessed card
(has an alpha driver that is only detecting 4 of the 8 ports for some
reason), and the 2nd is a Stallion Technologies Easyreach 16 port board.

Anyone having any success running EITHER of the two under Linux ?, I'm
beginning to think I might need to run SCO just for the support, if you
are running any of these boards, can you email me please and tell me how
your particular board works under Linux, I'd greatly appreciate it!.

Thanks.

    -Robert

1. HELP - Can't configure kernel for TCCPip & Stallion board

Subject say's it really...  I'm trying to install a Stallion multi
port adaptor (easy-io, 8 port) in a linux machine which already has a
3-com 3c509 ethernet card.  When I use the Stallion ready kernel, my
tcp network stops working.  ping shows network unreachable for
machines in the same class c network.

ifconfig shows the ethrenet interface up ok, but netstat -nr only
shows the loopback address.

When I try to run the /etc/rc.d/rc.inet1 script manually, I get;
SIOCSIFFLAGS: Try again
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable
SIOCADDRT: Network is unreachable

I'm running Slakware, with the 2.0.0 kernel, on a 486sx

The network works fine with my old kernel, ie, the routing info is set
up by the rc.inet1 script with no problems.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Alan Graham

2. Adding a network card

3. Specialix Serial Board support

4. NFS mounted disks hangs processes

5. Specialix serial boards hung-up

6. Jews or Muslims? Who's a better hacker? Or phreaker?

7. Specialix Serial Board on Linux 2.2.9?

8. Patch 103667-05 kills netscape!

9. Drivers wanted for Specialix serial boards

10. Multiport serial boards: Specialix not supported by Linux....

11. Fs: Specialix board & 24 ports

12. high speed serial boards (was Re: Multiport serial boards)

13. Stallion Board device not found