Next question

Post by Clayton J. Ramseye » Sun, 03 Jan 1999 04:00:00

I am looking at buying a laptop soon.

Any suggestions for the best laptop for Linux specifically Redhat 5.2 or
S.u.S.E. 5.3

Thanx

--
Clayton J. Ramseyer - *Zard

"Ferris, he loves this car more than life itself..."
"A man with priorities so far out of whack doesn't deserve such a fine
automobile..."  Ferris Beuller & Kameron Frye - "Ferris Beuller's Day Off"

1. Next question -- modem support?

(Note: I'm using Slackware 3.5) Okay, I have Linux installed, can run
Xwindows, and so forth.  I can use MC to peruse all the various directories
and start to get familiar with how Linux stores files by default.

Next question: what do I do to get my modem to dial into my ISP, so that I
can start to use it for mail/news/browser support?  My modem is on com port
2 and I set that up during the installation process.  Now, what programs do
I use to get dialed-in?

TIA

jdn

2. linux asf server project beta release (senator 1.0beta)

3. B-shell .logout - thanks and next question

4. AIX in the context of HP-UX and/or Solaris

5. Next Question: Are there any practical applications for Multicasting?

6. select() problem

7. Next Question.. X starts - but wont allow login?

8. Trackman Live driver?

9. Next Question: Updating libraries problem

10. NeXT question, what's the terminal type?

11. 1,$ s/INITIAL * NEXT/INITIAL 5251072 NEXT/g

12. Free UN*X for NeXT (was Re: Linux for NeXT 68040?)

13. Files for installing a networked NeXT laser printer under Win95 (Was: Black Next 2.2 + Linux != networking?)