Video Problem (RH7.1 + GeForce GTS 64)

Post by Jason Byrne » Tue, 01 May 2001 04:17:37

I have this strange video problem that I cant seem to make go away,
hopefuly one of you kind gurus can give me some advice. The problem is that
at random intervals my screen will flicker, it seems to be worse when I
have a window maximized that has a light colored background (could be I
just notice it more on the light background, I'm not sure). I've installed
the Nvidia drivers, but that didn't seem to help. I've disabled all modules
in the XF86Config-4 file, and still sporadic flickering. It realy makes the
eyes bug out. I'm at a loss for what else I should try, so please kind
souls, my eyes cant take much more.

TIA,
Jason

Video Problem (RH7.1 + GeForce GTS 64)

Post by LittleFis » Wed, 02 May 2001 22:26:06

look at your refresh rates.
littlefish

Quote:> I have this strange video problem that I cant seem to make go away,
> hopefuly one of you kind gurus can give me some advice. The problem is
that
> at random intervals my screen will flicker, it seems to be worse when I
> have a window maximized that has a light colored background (could be I
> just notice it more on the light background, I'm not sure). I've installed
> the Nvidia drivers, but that didn't seem to help. I've disabled all
modules
> in the XF86Config-4 file, and still sporadic flickering. It realy makes
the
> eyes bug out. I'm at a loss for what else I should try, so please kind
> souls, my eyes cant take much more.

> TIA,
> Jason

1. Suse 6.4 Prophet Geforce 32 meg ---> Prophet II Geforce 2 64 meg - > OOPS

I have a Dell Precision 420, duel 866 p3, Suse linux 6.4, Hercules Prophet
Geforce 32 meg DDR card.

I installed the 3.x version of X with my Geforce, KDE and the like ran fine.

I upgraded my video card to a Hercules Prophet II, 64meg DDR card - NO JOY.
I get a distorted screen that requires a hard reboot.

I have tired upgrading to 4.0, changing the chipset from NV to "none" (in
sax), etc.  I can't figure it out.

When I run Sax I can the basic graphic screen SAX comes up in, but if I try
to test out any mode (even 640x480x16) I get a garbled display.

Can anyone give me some suggestions what to try next?

Thanks

2. STB Video Driver for Linux

3. HELP WITH XFree86 and <<< ORCHID KELVIN 64 VLB >>>

4. HELP about Solaris

5. Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM or ATI Graphics Pro Turbo (Mach 64)?

6. Turning of routed cause NIS to cease working

7. Orchid - KELVIN 64 / 64-bit Video

8. NEWBIE: Creating Partitions

9. Stealth Video 64 or ATI Mach 64

10. Problem resizing windows - GNOME,RH7.2,ATI Mach 64

11. Video card for Linux: Diamond Stealth Video 64 DRAM?

12. Diamond Stealth 64 Video 3240 video card

13. Will X work with the Diamond Stealth 64 Video VRAM PCI video card?