RH Kernel w/5.1 PPP-built in?

Post by Phil » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Does Red Hat 5.1 have the PPP-software built into the kernel?  I've heard of
a PPP and Internet Configuration program that comes with RH 5.1 Does anyone
know of this?  And if you have a PnP Modem, how do you get it to work with

Thanks a bunch!

1. Building Kernel on RH 5.1 Sparc

Has anyone been able to compile the kernel under RH 5.1?  Where does it put
the compressed image? There is nothing in /arch/sparc/boot after doing a
make boot.

I did find a file called vmlinux in /usr/src/linux, however it was 1.6 MB. I
am assuming this is an uncompressed version of the kernel. I tried booting
from it, but the thing froze up.

Any one have any suggestions for building a kernel on the Sparc?

Thanks

Brian Fernald

2. Open Look "Console tool" problem

3. RH 5.1 kernel has built in FAT32 support?

4. Thinking of Linux Q's?

5. RH 5.1 kernel building

6. HELP: C Programmer needs to learn C++

7. RH 5.1 -> kernel 2.1.122 , kernel panic

8. Shell script with loop until key hit

9. building RH 5.1 installation floppies

10. RH 5.1 wierd ppp problem

11. PPP long struggle! RH 5.1

12. building a kernel under redhat 5.1 ??

13. Problem with PPP & RH 5.1