canon bjc-240 color bubblejet

Post by John M. Flinchbau » Thu, 26 Dec 1996 04:00:00

i just got a canon bjc-240.  i have it printing greyscale just fine, but
i'd like to print color with it.  is this possible and what do i need to
do it?  i have alladin's gs-3.33 right now.

thanks.
--
____________________}John Flinchbaugh{______________________

~~~~~~~~~~~~microsoftfree==100%linux==100%power~~~~~~~~~~~~~

canon bjc-240 color bubblejet

Post by Jimmie Farm » Fri, 27 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>i just got a canon bjc-240.  i have it printing greyscale just fine, but
>i'd like to print color with it.  is this possible and what do i need to
>do it?  i have alladin's gs-3.33 right now.

        I have Alladin's gs-4.03, and get colour with my BJC-600.
Looking at the listed devices, I think that the "stcolor" driver
should do it for you.

        *My* problem is that I can't seem to get a working printcap
for my printer.  =-(  I can print text (lpr file.txt), but have to
use gs from the command line to get colour, or Postscript output
of any kind.

        I have tried apsfilter, and magicfilter to no avail.
Could I possibly have a look at your /ect/printcap, so I
can see what you did to get it to work?  Thanks in advance!

        Sincerely,
        Jimmie Farmer

--
     Jimmie Farmer       |    Wannabe Rockstar, and computer nerd.
    Guitar For Hire      |     Linux hacker, and proud OS/2 user!

http://www.malchick.com/ |      The choice of a GNU generation

Post by Jim Staffo » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

:       I have Alladin's gs-4.03, and get colour with my BJC-600.
: Looking at the listed devices, I think that the "stcolor" driver
: should do it for you.

:       *My* problem is that I can't seem to get a working printcap
: for my printer.  =-(  I can print text (lpr file.txt), but have to
: use gs from the command line to get colour, or Postscript output
: of any kind.

:       I have tried apsfilter, and magicfilter to no avail.
: Could I possibly have a look at your /ect/printcap, so I
: can see what you did to get it to work?  Thanks in advance!

:       Sincerely,
:       Jimmie Farmer

Jimmie,

This past week-end I got arround to installing ghostscript 4.03. I use
apsfilter to print with and get great color. When apsfilter aks for the
name of the printer type canon 600, even though it not in the list of
printers it works.

jamess

canon bjc-240 color bubblejet

Post by Jim Staffo » Sat, 28 Dec 1996 04:00:00

: Jimmie,

: This past week-end I got arround to installing ghostscript 4.03. I use
: apsfilter to print with and get great color. When apsfilter aks for the
: name of the printer type canon 600, even though it not in the list of
: printers it works.

: jamess
I just checked my printcap and the printer is bjc600 not canon 600 as I
stated earlier. Also if you have a earlier version of ghostscript the
bjc600 will work with the epsonc driver. So when apsfilter asks for your
printer type it would be epsonc. Make sure that you answer color when
apsfilter asks.

If you still have problems them maybe the ghostsrcipt you have isn't
compiled right. Go to ftp://ykbsb2.yk.psu.edu/pub/ghost/GS-4.03 and
download the Howto file.

jamess