RedHat 7.1 Ghostscript 7.03 Hp IJS driver

RedHat 7.1 Ghostscript 7.03 Hp IJS driver

Post by kb » Fri, 25 Jan 2002 01:31:22

Hello:

I am running RedHat 7.1 with ghostscript-7.03.
My printer is a Deskjet 960c.  The printer is
working but I think I am not using the correct/best driver.

The HP Linux web pages say that I should be using the HP ijs driver.
So I downloaded it and installed it.  Went fine.
Then as per the web page checked if my version of Ghostscript
supported the deskjet 960c. It did not. So...
I downloaded the RPM for ghostscript-7.03.
The notes for the RPM said it supported the HP ijs driver.
Downloaded and upgraded.
Had to reinstall the HP ijs driver. Went fine.

Next setup the printer using printconf.
Did not find the ijs driver.
So I used an older deskjet.
It works, but Why can't I find the HP ijs driver?

Oh where, oh where, Has my driver driver gone?

Thanks for any help.

KD
RedHat7.1

[...]

2. proposal to improve set-uid security

3. Ghostscript 7.03 on Solaris 8

4. OS/2 see ext2fs ? drivers

5. print setup using ijs HP gs driver with HP DJ 648c problems

6. SCO 5.04 IDE cd rom install problems.

7. Problem linking tcsh-6.00 on HP-UX 7.03

8. about UnixWare 7

9. GhostScript 6.5 deskjet 960c RedHat 7.1

10. XRN 7.03 released

11. IJS ghostscript v.8.00 server for Sparc Solaris 8 or 9?

12. HP Laserjet 3200m, Printing on USB, RedHat 7.1