Intel 845GL screen garbage instead of DM screen

Intel 845GL screen garbage instead of DM screen

Post by Thomas Cun » Thu, 07 Oct 2004 10:04:39

At boot I sometimes get a screenful of vertical lines instead of the
display manager welcome screen. The only solution is to reboot.
The text is displayed ok at boot time. The display problem is never
seen with Windows/XP.
I do not remember seeing the problem with Mandrake 9.1
Intel 845GL Mandrake 10.0 Gdm Emachines T1742 Celeron 1.7GHz 128MB

Has anyone else seen this problem?

1. kde login screen instead of gnome login screen

Hi, I know it's a newbie question, but I've looked and can't find an answer.

I'm using redhat v.7.1

I want to switch from the Gnome login screen to the KDE login screen, but
can't figure it out.

Any suggestions?

2. getting X 24 bit color?

3. screen: going from split screen to full screen mode

4. Help: fork expert needed!

5. Conner TapeStor 4000

6. Help:Garbage screen after exit from X

7. 2.4.2-ac18 ipx compile fix

8. WinLinux Startup - Garbage Screen

9. dialup USR modem problem: garbage on screen?

10. Diamond Viper V330: screen garbage

11. X leaving garbage on screen

12. Garbage at bottom of screen