How to print to Okidata Okipage 6e printer

How to print to Okidata Okipage 6e printer

Post by Arctic Stor » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 10:26:26

I have Okidata Okipage 6e printer.  I think it's something called an
LED printer, which gives an output that resembles a laser printer;
I can't differentiate it and a laser printer.  Anyway, it's not a dot
matrix or something acient like that.
I don't think that it's supported by Linux.  What would be the closest
substitute, in terms of a driver, for this printer?  Thanks.

-----

How to print to Okidata Okipage 6e printer

Post by observe » Thu, 26 Oct 2000 04:00:00

Quote:> I have Okidata Okipage 6e printer.  I think it's something called an
> LED printer, which gives an output that resembles a laser printer;
> I can't differentiate it and a laser printer.  Anyway, it's not a dot
> matrix or something acient like that.
> I don't think that it's supported by Linux.  What would be the closest
> substitute, in terms of a driver, for this printer?  Thanks.

> -----

 AFAIK, all the Okidata OL-series printers support HP PCL.

 I am sure the User Guide for your printer has this info.

 Try one of the HP LaserJet drivers (HPIIP or above, I would suppose).

 Easy to experiment if you have something like the print-tool on RedHat.

 Cheers.

--
<Private science is an oxymoron.>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. my okidata okipage 6e printer won't print

Hi,
 I am running rh6.0 on an intel al400lx system with an okidata okipage
6e led printer.
 Ican't get the printer to print.  I set up the printer using printool
(as an hp ljet 4) .
The printer light  just blinks and nothing is printed. I tried adjusting
all options for the ljet4  (send EOF .....supress headers etc)
(under printool) ; nothing seems to work.
I also tried directly dumping text to the port.

Any help would be greatly
appreciated

        Yosef

2. Convert from FAT16 to FAT32 under 95b

3. Okidata Okipage 6e printer

4. PCI device list locking - take 3

5. How to print to Okidata Okipage 6e ?

6. <HELP> SVGA Xserver only uses "builtin" 320x200 mode

7. Okidata Okipage 6e (resubmit)

8. Partitions w/Win95

9. Okidata Okipage 6e trouble

10. Okidata OkiPage 6e

11. Okidata Okipage 6E

12. Okidata Okipage 6e configuration trouble

13. Printing to an okidata okipage 4w printer in Linux