AIC 7890 & 7860 On-board SCSI Controllers

AIC 7890 & 7860 On-board SCSI Controllers

Post by Merryweather Management Systems Lt » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Linux Slackware 3.4
Kernel 2.0.30

Hello,

I have been looking at the Dell Poweredge 2300 with a view to
installing Linux. The PC has two on-board SCSI controllers - AIC 7890
and AIC 7860.

Are these controllers supported under Linux, and will Linux handle two
SCSI controllers in one PC ?

I am also considering a second processor in the Dell. Any problems ?

I would very much appreciate any helpful comments about these issues
or any other matter relating to the Dell Poweredge 2300.

Kind regards,

Paul Ainscough

( I have successfully installed Linux on a Dell Poweredge 2200 and
could use one of these if the 2300 is unsupported at present )

AIC 7890 & 7860 On-board SCSI Controllers

Post by Gregoire Favr » Sat, 11 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Quote:

> Linux Slackware 3.4
> Kernel 2.0.30

> Hello,

> I have been looking at the Dell Poweredge 2300 with a view to
> installing Linux. The PC has two on-board SCSI controllers - AIC 7890
> and AIC 7860.

> Are these controllers supported under Linux, and will Linux handle two
> SCSI controllers in one PC ?

> I am also considering a second processor in the Dell. Any problems ?

> I would very much appreciate any helpful comments about these issues
> or any other matter relating to the Dell Poweredge 2300.

> Kind regards,

> Paul Ainscough

> ( I have successfully installed Linux on a Dell Poweredge 2200 and
> could use one of these if the 2300 is unsupported at present )

Look at ftp.dialnet.net:pub/linux/aic7xxx for developpment stuff about
7890 which is not right now supported, but in one or a leattle more
days...

        Greg
--
Gregoire Favre, Institut de Mathematique de l'Universite de Lausanne

1. AIC 7890 & 7860 On-board SCSI Controllers

Linux Slackware 3.4
Kernel 2.0.30

Hello,

I have been looking at the Dell Poweredge 2300 with a view to
installing Linux. The PC has two on-board SCSI controllers - AIC 7890
and AIC 7860.

Are these controllers supported under Linux, and will Linux handle two
SCSI controllers in one PC ?

I am also considering a second processor in the Dell. Any problems ?

I would very much appreciate any helpful comments about these issues
or any other matter relating to the Dell Poweredge 2300.

Kind regards,

Paul Ainscough

( I have successfully installed Linux on a Dell Poweredge 2200 and
could use one of these if the 2300 is unsupported at present )

2. maximum receiving data in stream socket

3. aic 7890 and aic 7860

4. load balancing over 2 ethernet card

5. Poweredge 2300 + SCO openserver 5.0.4 + 2 controller 7890 and 7860

6. iptables for linux router/firewall on home lan

7. Asus P2B-S motherboard with on-board Adaptec AIC-7890

8. Problem while using the debugger - Help

9. The on-board aic-7890 in the UP2000 system

10. ASUS P2B-DS MBoard and On-Board UW-SCSI 7890 Support in Linux.

11. Adaptec 7890 on-board SCSI support?

12. Adaptec AIC 7850 On-board SCSI controller

13. Problem with AIC-7890 SCSI controller