1. New triton PCI/IDE motherboard controller
I got a new Pentium motherboard the other day, and tried to install it.
First, I tired my old kernel, made for a dx2-50 VLB motherboard, didnt
work well.. Then I made a bootdisk with 1.2.13 using PCI-support, and it
complained about unknown PCI devices... Ok, I tought, I'll just compile
the latest kernel, which was 1.3.25, saying I had a triton motherboard
IDE controller. It compile alright, doesnt complain about unknown PCI
devices (I have a 1 meg Orchid GFX-card and the onboard-IDEcontroller),
but still all hell brakes loose when I try to access the disks... If I
umount the disks cleanly, it'll boot, but I get all these weird problems
with segmentation fault, etc. Reset, and then it tries to fsck the
disks... No good. I tried 1.3.25 and 1.3.20 too, same problems.
I called my dealer, as he said that this motherboard had been used be
previous customers to run Linux on. He called the guy he bought if from,
and it seems that my motherboard was from a batch of brand new
motherboards, with a new PCI IDE controller... He talked something about
EIDE rev 2 or something like that.
Now, this motherboard is totally useless for running Linux on, so he
agreed to try to replace it with an "older" version of the board.
I'd just like to say this, so the kernel development team can try to make
linux work with this supposedly new controller.
I'm at a friends house right now, but if the person in charge for this
thing could mail me a letter, I can mail back the stats on the card,
chips, etc... The motherboard also has some brand new Plug-And-Play BIOS...
I trashed my root partition trying to get everything to work, it got a
lot of duplicate blocks etc... All hell brakes loose when it tries to
access the disk with kernel panics etc... Luckily I made a backup just
before I started to install the new hardware!
Student vid Institutionen f|r Informatik vid Lunds Universitet, Sweden.
2. Independent assessment
3. triton IDE busmastering on Data Expert triton based motherboard
4. Manage many servers from one Console
5. Does support exist for IDE Bus Mastering (Triton II-HX/VX PCI)?
6. Kermit As User, Not Root?
7. my new Pentium Triton chipset PCI motherboard breaks Linux
8. dot clocks
9. Problem recognizing SCSI hard disk w/ Adaptec 2940 and PCI Triton motherboard.
10. Triton II motherboards: Parity, finally?
11. Motherboard trouble with Triton II
12. Sol 2.5-x86 on Triton-II motherboards
13. Triton II/III Motherboards