lilo, modem, cdrom

Post by brandon youn » Mon, 13 Jan 1997 04:00:00

I installed a cardinal 28.8 fax modem a few months ago.  I have recently
tried to get linux to  recognize it and it doesn't.  I didn't have to do
anything special with the previous modem and it worked.  Also I have
windows 95 and I guess when I installed it it killed lilo.  I have
reinstalled linux since I put on 95 I have installed system commander
because I didn't know if lilo would mess up windows 95.  System
commander finds the partition but won't boot it.
Finally I was wondering if linux would support an old IDE sony 2X cdrom
like I have.  OH and I used to have a list of all the locations of
additional linux programs you could get and what directories they were
in such as say games emulators utils etc.  I think it was at sunsite do
you know where I could find it.

1. LILO--LILO--LILO

here is my problem----i have 2 physical hard disks --the primary master
has NT
and the primary slave has LINUX(red hat )--i have LILO boot which has 2
images---x(for linux) and nt.

i wanted to upgrade my linux6.0 to 6.1 and so i booted from the cd-rom ---
but it
would give an error saying that "ext2 file system not found" and would
hang.

so---i disconnected my primary master(NT) hdisk and proceeded with the
installation which was successful.

now , at LILO boot when i give X IT SAYS "LOADING X" and stops....it seems-
the LILO is not able to relate the X image to the primary slave.

can you help me to set the LILO properly.....i will be very thankful.

2. Newbie Question on find

3. LILO, LILO, LILO

4. 100 megabit ethernet standard

5. cdrom-scsi/XP-woody on hdb dual boot/lilo conundrum

6. Irritating behavior - AMD K6

7. problem with LILO and booting with CDROM(LINUX)

8. Sharing PPP connection (routing problem?)

9. Help with lilo and without floppydisk or bootable CDROM

10. can lilo boot a scsi cdrom?

11. Lilo and cdrom

12. lilo on floppy, root on cdrom

13. lilo and ide 4x cdrom