Compaq Prosignia/Proliant SCSI Controller & linux

Compaq Prosignia/Proliant SCSI Controller & linux

Post by Farma » Fri, 08 May 1998 04:00:00

I'd like to install Caldera Open Linux on a Compaq Sever (Proliant
and/or Prosignia)

those server have  a SCSI controller inside, and the Compaq Service
Center told me that they are Symbios Controller.

Well, i searched in Scsi-HowTo and Symbios Internet site
(www.symbios.com) but there are no information about driver for Linux.

Has anyone any information about Linux support of this controller ?
Are they really not supported  (and so no possibility to use the
inside controller ) ?
Will they be supported ? when ?

thanks!

1. Linux w/Compaq Proliant & Smart-2 SCSI Controller

I have a Compaq Proliant 1500 with the Smart-2 Wide SCSI Controller... its
got a symbios chipset (scsi controller)...

I need to install Linux on this machine... Its been running Win-NT
(perfectly fine), but were moving into faster os's for our server
equipment, and linux was chosen... we already have another clone running
linux.

Nyways..  My problem is that I need scsi support for this controller under
linux... Ive called compaq about this, and quite bluntly they told me THERE
ARE NOT DRIVER FOR LINUX. Well, thats kinda hard to swallow.  Does anyone
have any suggestions... or better... know where I can get drivers for it?

Compaq does support SCO/Unix on this controller.. maybe it would be
somewhat easy to rewrite the controller drivers for linux? (I dont know
much about SCO...)

Posts are OK, but Im sure to get Email...

Thanks in advance...

-Jason Garcia,
On-Line PLUS Administration

2. recommended backup of big disk/partition?

3. Linux / Compaq ProSignia VS / NCR 53c710 embedded SCSI controller

4. rsh question in exec()

5. help: linux can't find my scsi controller (compaq prosignia)

6. Xwindows-Mouse-keyboards installation problems

7. Linux SCSI drivers for Compaq smart array controller in proliant 1500

8. restricted ftp user

9. Compaq Prosignia - SCSI Controller

10. Compaq Prosignia Smart-SCSI controller

11. HELP! Compaq Prosignia SCSI controller ?

12. Problem: Compaq Prosignia with SCSI-2 Controller