Asus P55T2P4S supported by Linux?

Post by Jim Bru » Wed, 05 Mar 1997 04:00:00

A local computer dealer suggested I buy an Asus P55T2P4S (on-board
Adaptec 7880 SCSI controller) instead of the P55T2P4 and a separate
Buslogic SCSI controller. Is anyone out there running Linux on the S
version of this board? Any gotchas?

Thanks.

Jim

--

Ontario Hydro Technologies          Voice: (416) 207-6733
800 Kipling Ave, KR236              Fax: (416) 207-6216

Post by Donovan Read » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> A local computer dealer suggested I buy an Asus P55T2P4S (on-board
> Adaptec 7880 SCSI controller) instead of the P55T2P4 and a separate
> Buslogic SCSI controller. Is anyone out there running Linux on the S
> version of this board? Any gotchas?

> Thanks.

> Jim

> --

> Ontario Hydro Technologies          Voice: (416) 207-6733
> 800 Kipling Ave, KR236              Fax: (416) 207-6216
> Toronto, Ontario, CANADA, M8Z5S4

We are an Asus dealer, and though my personal preference is for the T2P4
plus BusLogic 958, there are no problems at all with the T2P4S that
we've heard of. Go for it.

--

Donovan Ready,
Lindsay Computer Systems

Post by Mathew E. Kirsc » Thu, 06 Mar 1997 04:00:00

> A local computer dealer suggested I buy an Asus P55T2P4S (on-board
> Adaptec 7880 SCSI controller) instead of the P55T2P4 and a separate
> Buslogic SCSI controller. Is anyone out there running Linux on the S
> version of this board? Any gotchas?

And not 10 messages and 53 minutes eariler,

> I wonder whether there is any effort/activity to support
> the AHA7880 UltraSCSI chip from Adaptec ? I was not able
> to find any references in the HOWTOs. This chip is the
> on-board SCSI controller of the ASUS P/I P55T2P4S mainboard.

Why do Linux questions come in "streaks" like this?
This is really spooky, and it happens all the time.
You will go for weeks without hearing about a certain piece of hardware,
then out of the blue, BAM! out comes a dozen identical questions, and
all becomes quiet once more.

Well, just to answer both questions, that is the chipset for the
Adaptec 2940 card, which is supported in Linux.

--
Mathew E. Kirsch, CLSE (Certifiable Linux Systems Engineer)
*Opinions expressed herein do not reflect those of my employer.

"If you don't have time to read the FAQ, I don't have time to read it to
you."

1. Linux on an Asus P55T2P4S ?

I'm considering using an Asus P55T2P4S for the basis of my Linux Box
runnning Red Hat.

Is anyone already using this motherboard and if so ,would they recommend
it to others?

Many Thanks,

Quincy

--
SPAM Protection ? Please remove the "5" in my email address for electronic communication.

2. working kermit?

3. AMD K& and ASUS P55T2P4S

4. Broadvision on Solaris 2.6 or higher

5. MAXTOR 88400D8 HD on ASUS P/I P55T2P4S Motherboard

6. Linuxers Hangout Site

7. ASUS P55T2P4S with K6

8. SNMTP

9. ASUS P/I-P55T2P4S

10. Repost: ASUS APM Problem (ASUS L8400L & ASUS P2B-F)

11. Does SuSe Linux support ASUS Motherboard?

12. Linux Kernel-Support of ASUS PSCH-L or Gigabyte GA-8EGXRP-EC

13. ASUS P2B-DS MBoard and On-Board UW-SCSI 7890 Support in Linux.