Ensoniq Soundscape Plug-n-Play

Post by Michael Co » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

After perusing the Linux Hardware How-To and the summary of kernel
changes, I've seen support for the Ensoniq Soundscape card, but not the
plug & play version.  Do drivers exist anywhere?  Is anyone developing
some?

--

http://masada.ink.org/~michael/
"I'm hard to get ahold of sometimes." - Barry Sanders, apologizing to a

Post by David James » Sat, 02 Dec 1995 04:00:00

>After perusing the Linux Hardware How-To and the summary of kernel
>changes, I've seen support for the Ensoniq Soundscape card, but not the
>plug & play version.  Do drivers exist anywhere?  Is anyone developing
>some?

>--

>http://masada.ink.org/~michael/
>"I'm hard to get ahold of sometimes." - Barry Sanders, apologizing to a
>    sportswriter.

You need to set up your BIOS so that it allocates IRQs, DMAs, etc. instead
of leaving it to the OS.  With the AMIBIOS this involves changing the
parameter that says "Use ICU" to "Use setup".

Dave