LS120 - LILO

Post by Joseph P Turne » Fri, 27 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Anyone managed to make an LS120 bootable? With lilo?
I have a root parition on it and would dearly love to make it bootable,
but lilo seems to have a hard time.
Cheers
Joe

LS120 - LILO

Post by PLD » Mon, 30 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Maybe my quick-and-dirty config. can inspire you?  Fragments of my
"lilo.conf" file read as:

boot=/dev/hdd
disk=/dev/hdd
   bios=0x00
[ . . . snip some . . . ]
root=/dev/hdd1
[ . . . snip some more . . . ]

Best of luck!

Quote:

> Anyone managed to make an LS120 bootable? With lilo?
> I have a root parition on it and would dearly love to make it bootable,
> but lilo seems to have a hard time.
> Cheers
> Joe

1. LILO--LILO--LILO

here is my problem----i have 2 physical hard disks --the primary master
has NT
and the primary slave has LINUX(red hat )--i have LILO boot which has 2
images---x(for linux) and nt.

i wanted to upgrade my linux6.0 to 6.1 and so i booted from the cd-rom ---
but it
would give an error saying that "ext2 file system not found" and would
hang.

so---i disconnected my primary master(NT) hdisk and proceeded with the
installation which was successful.

now , at LILO boot when i give X IT SAYS "LOADING X" and stops....it seems-
the LILO is not able to relate the X image to the primary slave.

can you help me to set the LILO properly.....i will be very thankful.

2. Hashing /etc/passwd

3. LILO, LILO, LILO

4. Ethernet booting from a diskless Linux box

5. How to make working LS120 bootdisk ?

6. Caller ID Device

7. LS120 Superdisk compatibility

8. Site Network Diagram Package

9. How do I boot from an LS120?

10. Solaris x86 - LS120 drivers??

11. ls120 and linux 2.2.x?

12. Linux and LS120 drives and the helpfulness of CompOSLinux Misc

13. ls120 boot/rescue floppies?