Vesa DPMS - pwer saving green monitor patch

Vesa DPMS - pwer saving green monitor patch

Post by mos.. » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I have tried to use the DPMS support patch ver 1.0.1 dated 10/94
(linux.1.0.1.power-save.patch)
but the 'patch' program failed.
I am running Linux 1.2.1.
I got the patch from a CD ROM that contains stuff from sunsite.unc.edu,
so I connected directly there to see if there is a newer patch, but
I did not find anything there.

Where can I find an updated patch, that will work on 1.2.1 kernel source?

Thank you

--
Moshe Cohen -- Software Development and Consultancy
17/10 Akiva St., Raananna 43260, Israel.

Post by Andries Brouw » Tue, 04 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: I have tried to use the DPMS support patch ver 1.0.1 dated 10/94
: (linux.1.0.1.power-save.patch)
: but the 'patch' program failed.
: I am running Linux 1.2.1.
: Where can I find an updated patch, that will work on 1.2.1 kernel source?

Try /dev/null.
(And read linux/drivers/char/vesa_blank.c.)

1. Enabling Screen "Green" Features (VESA DPMS)

I would like to enable "green" power saving features for my monitors
under ODT5 (and ODT3) - Is this currently supported?

If so, how do you enable this for activation for the text and graphics
consoles (ie. replacement screen savers which can trigger the power down
modes instead of simply blanking the screen).

I am using VESA DPMS compliant video cards and monitors.
(eg. Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM card).

Thanks,
-Rob

--
Robert Weiner / Programming Plus        Hardware & Software Consulting

2. how to find patchlevel of specific file

3. Linux power saving features? (VESA-DPMS)

4. Electronic Library Card Cataloging System

5. VESA DPMS power-saving utility, does it exist?

6. Wine (codeweavers) and LM8?

7. VESA Power Savings Protocol (DPMS) monitors problemsq

8. Make zImage can't find includes off split-include.c

9. Green (power saving) monitor in X

10. Green signal (DPMS) problem

11. VESA DPMS support?

12. X screensavers and VESA DPMS