Motherboard Supermicro PIIIDM3

Post by vi.. » Fri, 09 Jun 2000 04:00:00

Does anybody have any expireence with Supermicro PIIIDM3 motherboard
with 2 processors installed?

For some reason it functions perfectly when there is one processor in
it. But, when two processors installed it boots from smp (but fails with
non-smp) 2.2.15 kernel on raw floppy (cat /vmlinuz>/dev/fd0) but fails
with either lilo (ver 21) or syslinux.

With non-smp kernel it hangs on SCSI initialization.
With smp kernel and lilo it hangs just on unpacking linux.

Is there something which could be done (i.e. bios upgrade)
safe just returning motherboard to dealer?

Programmer                      Office:7-(095)-785-09-72
Communiware.Net                 Home: 7-(095)-135-46-61
http://www.communiware.net      http://www.ice.ru/~vitus

1. Supermicro PIIIDM3 and operating systems

There was a question on comp.perihphs.scsi NG about W2K and Adaptec 29160. To
my knowledge, Supermicro PIIIDM3's AIC-7892 is same chip that the 29160
uses. I installed Windows 2000 Professional onto my PIIIDM3, and it uses the
7892 just fine (I guess it uses the driver adpu160m.sys that comes with the
CD).

I tried to install Sun Solaris 8EA x86 onto my PIIIDM3, but this did not
work. The installation program did not find any SCSI controller. The Adaptec
table http://www.adaptec.com/products/guide/ultra160scsi.html says, that
29160 support for the Solaris should come from SUN. Does anyone know if there
are any drivers to download, or are they on the Solaris 8 (the real thing,
not the Early Access) CD?

--

University of Tampere, Department of Computer and Information Sciences
Tampere, Finland                                      http://www.cs.uta.fi/~av/

2. limiting vhosts to a specific uid

3. Supermicro PIIIDM3

4. DOSEMU & Networking.

5. Request - RedHat 6.2 driver for Supermicro PIIIDM3 AC97 on-board audio

6. suspending the screen saver

7. Fedora Core II Test II with SuperMicro P4SCI Motherboard using RAID?

8. How can I see system has system V inittab

9. Supermicro P5MMA motherboards, NS 87307

10. ATX Supermicro MOtherboard and Keyboards

11. SuperMicro motherboards

12. Supermicro P55CMS vs. Tyan Titan III motherboard?

13. Motherboards: Supermicro vs Tyan