harddrive questions

Post by The Bishop » Sun, 22 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Good morning all,

        got a couple of quick harddrive questions:  i have a scsi drive and am
trying to install lilo but it doesn't seem to want to work.  each time i
put it in either the MBR or the root drive it seems to corrupt something
and then i can't boot any OS rather i have to boot with a boot disk and
clean off the mbr.  any suggestions??  i also have a box with two ide
drives that don't like each other.  it was suggested to me to use two
controller cards but i can't seem to get this to work either.  Is this
just a jumper problem?  if so where?  on the drives or the controllers??

thanks,
dean

1. Large harddrive question

In the "Large disk how-to" I read that Linux does not use the bios and
therefore Linux doesn't suffer the same limitations as dos when it
comes to big hard drives. I have a 486 motherboard that under DOS
suffers from the infamous 528 MB limitation. Am I correct in my
understanding that under Linux I could run large harddrives from this
motherboard? To be more precise I want to use a 10 GB harddrive for
overnight backup purposes. Is that posible? The only operating system
on this disk would be Linux (Slackware 3.6)

Charles Brands

2. Help Rebuilding Kernel and ODM after Cloning

3. Security Holes Question . . .

4. Pizza Box 7011 Harddrive Question: Why can't I get any scsi II hd to behave in this box?

5. CML2 1.1.4 is available

6. mount a harddrive onto a diffrent harddrive

7. Recovering data from partially overwritten tape archive

8. harddrive setup question/controller warning message

9. Newbie Question:Linux and Win98 on different harddrive!

10. Question: Adding a bigger Harddrive on linux

11. newB question: does linux (RH7.2) support harddrive more than 60GB

12. Question about harddrives & linux