Mandrake 8.0 and USB

Post by Benjamin Kopp » Thu, 17 Jan 2002 10:15:53

Hi,
I installed Mandrake 8.0 on my ibook 2001, installation fine, but it
hangs during first boot while detecting USB intaface. I wainted for
about 7 hours, but no succession. Any ideas? Can I switch the USB
detection off before first boot? How can I get to USB devices
afterwards?
Thanks
De Benny

Mandrake 8.0 and USB

Post by David W. Studema » Fri, 18 Jan 2002 11:47:32

> Hi,
> I installed Mandrake 8.0 on my ibook 2001, installation fine, but it
> hangs during first boot while detecting USB intaface. I wainted for
> about 7 hours, but no succession. Any ideas? Can I switch the USB
> detection off before first boot? How can I get to USB devices
> afterwards?
> Thanks
> De Benny

 I remember having to upgrade initscripts when that distro came out for* while shutting down as well.

                       Dave

1. Mandrake 8.0 and Alcatel Speedtouch USB support

Hello,

I have not yet installed my copy of Mandrake 8.0, complete linux
newbie.
I also have the 8.2 d/load version burned to cd.

Looking through the newsgroups I have noticed that people have been
unable to get their speedtouch USB working with 8.2.

So, I won't be installing that yet.

My question is; does it work with 8.0?

Thanks for any help/information

Regards,

Tenjah

2. Sparc 1 as CDE X-terminal = console where?

3. Cups causing an USB printer to crash the system in Mandrake 8.0.

4. Dialout help (newbie)

5. Mandrake 8.0 and Epson Color 880 USB / Paralell.

6. How to find the open files by a process - Swati Gadagkar's query

7. USB support in Red Hat 7.1 & Mandrake 8.0 disappointing...:-(

8. Resolver question

9. Cable USB Modem Mandrake 8.0

10. Mandrake 8.0 on ibook USB problem

11. A Pretty Hopeless Case For Me And The USB Modem With Mandrake 8.0

12. USB CD burner in Mandrake 8.0

13. how to restart epson usb scanner on Mandrake 8.0