Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

Post by Jeff Reg » Mon, 24 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Hi there all... I have a Media Magic ISP-16 sound card/cdrom interface
card in my PC and it does not have permanent memory for its memory
address etc... at boot up in DOS, a program called ISPinit is called and
it tells the card 'put the sound card here on this IRQ, DRQ and address',
and the same for the CDRom portion of the card.  I talked to the tech
support department about how the card is configured and was basically
told to get lost.. they have NO Intentions of telling me how to configure
the card, and have NO plans to Support 'a minor operating system' such as
Linux.

Ok, so I told them I wanted a call back from their manager, and never got
one...

So...  has anyone managed to write a driver to start up the card in
Linux?  I can boot into DOS and back into Linux and that works as long as
I do a soft boot, but then my DE-600 network card does not initialize (it
never has... it always likes a hard reboot between operating systems)...
I have also tried the Dos emulator but ISPinit can't find the card
then... (I suspect I have to tell DOSemu to pass the address..if I knew
what address it used to talk to the card!).

Do I s*the card, write an ugly letter to the company, or ???

Thanks

--
- Jeff Regan -------------------------------------------

1. Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

Is Media Magic ISP-16 sound card supported by the Linux kernel? I

.  Oleg Dulin, a.k.a. Fish

 .    /
  .  /--\ /    "Unix is user-friendly - it's just a bit more choosy
   <o)  =<      about who its friends are..."
     \__/ \
      \
Clarkson University, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
Clarkson University SDCS/ERC - UNIX Systems Programmer

2. Trap unsuccessful login

3. ? Media Magic ISP-16 Sound Card

4. Looking for Timer functions

5. Media Magic ISP 16 sound card

6. Doing RAID0 dangerous ?

7. Media Magic ISP-16 Driver?

8. XHOST FROM SUN TO SGI

9. Sanyo CDROM on MediaMagic ISP-16 Sound Card

10. Kernel 1.2.5 with Sanyo CDRH-94-A CDROM and ISP-16 sound card

11. MediaMagic ISP-16 sound card doesn't work

12. Media Vision ProSonic 16 sound card SCSI driver?

13. Media Vision Pro Sonic 16 sound card