Problems detecting Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive

Problems detecting Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive

Post by Steve Johns » Mon, 09 Mar 1998 04:00:00

I am attempting to install the RedHat Linux distribution 5.0 from CD on an old
486DX2/66. The cd-rom is connected to a Creative Labs AWE32 (the really old
one with a proprietary interface).  During installation, I specify
cdu31a=0x230,0.  I have confirmed these to be the correct settings, (the cd
operates correctly under DOS), but the installation program can find no such
device.  Anyone experienced this problem?

1. Problems detecting Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive

I am attempting to install the RedHat Linux distribution 5.0 from CD on an old
486DX2/66. The cd-rom is connected to a Creative Labs AWE32 (the really old
one with a proprietary interface).  During installation, I specify
cdu31a=0x230,0.  I have confirmed these to be the correct settings, (the cd
operates correctly under DOS), but the installation program can find no such
device.  Anyone experienced this problem?

2. pacthes needed for FreeBSD4.5?

3. recognizing the Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive...

4. fonts vs. helix gnome

5. Sony CD-ROM Drive (cdu33a)

6. Urgent : Pcap_next returning a null value

7. Trouble with Sony CDU33A CD-ROM drive

8. Solaris Disk Suite Sybase (Experiences ?)

9. Sony CDU33A CD-ROM install problem

10. problem installing debian from CD-rom SONY CDU33a

11. Problem with SuSE 5.1 and Sony CD-ROM cdu33a !?

12. Linux still can't detec Sony cdu33a CD-Rom driver

13. Opti929s sound card & Sony CDU33A Cd-Rom