HELP: Qlogic PCI!BASIC and Linux -> scsi: 0 hosts

HELP: Qlogic PCI!BASIC and Linux -> scsi: 0 hosts

Post by Robert Si » Thu, 05 Oct 1995 04:00:00

I just recently purchased a Qlogic PCI SCSI!BASIC card and installed
it on my P5-90 system (Intel PCI/Premiere II mb w/ Neptune chipset).

Along with the SCSI host adaptor, I purchased a HP DAT drive.  On boot
up I get the standard Qlogic boot up message (bios 1.10) and the listing of
devices found.  In DOS and Win 95, the devices are found, and are completely
accessible and work very well, absolutely no problem whatsoever.

My configuration is as follows: P5-90, Intel Premiere PCI/II (neptune)
motherboard.  I have my BIOS configured to allow the ICU to auto-configure
the PCI devices, which places the Qlogic adaptor on IRQ 11 at boot up.
32 megs of memory, SB AWE/32, a Mach 64 Graphics Pro turbo (PCI) and 3
ide hard drives spanned across ide controllers 0/1.  I also have a Panasonic
CD ROM (which is run off the SB) which uses compiled SBPCD support.

All works well minus the detection of the SCSI host.

I have tried compiling under kernels 1.2.9(elf), 1.3.25(elf), 1.3.30(elf) all
with SCSI support, SCSI tape support and SCSI generic support.  I use the
GCC 2.7.0/ELF compiler as well.

I have even go so far as to remove all other boards in the as possible to
see if there is some conflict that only Linux has a problem with to no
avail.

If anyone can give me some advice, I would appreciate it to the below address:

|:| Robert Sink              |"If we dive deep enough can we see under  |:|

|:|---------------------------------------------------------------------|:|
|:| Cheeze-o-rama homepage(w/ picture) http://universe.digex.net/~sinkr/|:|
        *PGP 2.6.2 Public Key Available By Fingering This Account*

1. PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic ignored by scsi

I tried to install Linux with my boot drive attached to
a  PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic  card.  The system tells me
it can't recognize my PCI device.

I've seen this before on my friend's adaptec 2940, but
there is a special boot disk for that card that
recognizes it even after the system sais
it can't recognize the PCI device.

Is there a boot disk or some trick that will allow me
to use my card?  I'm trying to run slackware 3.0.

my system is
2.1 gig quantum scsi
3x NEC CDROM (where I'm going to install from)
PCI Qlogic SCSI Basic  card

-Thanks in advance

2. Install Problems

3. Qlogic Basic PCI Scsi and installing Linux

4. netrain interface

5. results QLogic Fast SCSI Basic PCI - AM53C974

6. RH 5.2 is crashing when using samba

7. Qlogic Fast!SCSI PCI Basic

8. Establishing a dialup ppp session to a service provider using dip -

9. Qlogic Fast!SCSI IQ PCI Host Adapter: Status?

10. Did anybody make Qlogic PCI Basic run with Linux?

11. HELP: QLogic PCI SCSI install troubles...

12. Help QLogic SCSI PCI controler

13. Help Qlogic PCI SCSI controler