Netgear FA411 drivers for RedHat 7.1?

Post by Ron McClell » Fri, 27 Jul 2001 02:32:23

I have scoured the web looking for a driver to suppor this PCMCIA
card.  The closest I have found is support for it under RedHat 7.0,
but as this is a 2.2.x kernel release, I have my doubts about its
usefulness under 7.1.  Does anyone have any idea if this card is
supported, and if so, where is the driver?

Thanks for your time,
Ron McClellan

You don't know what you don't know until you know you don't know it.

1. Netgear FA411 ethernet pcmcia card won't run in RH 7.1

Help!?

I am a newbie so be gentle ;)
I have a Toshiba Satellite 110CS on which I have installed RH 7.1.  I have
a Netgear FA411 ethernet card (says on box it is supported by Linux, haha)
and I can't get it to run.  I was able to install RH 7.0 at first and was
able (with help of a friend) to use the pcmcia card to download the
contents of both RH 7.1 cds and installed an upgrade to 7.1.  As soon as we
completed the installation we could never again get the card to work.
Everytime the machine boots up I get an error when it comes to "Bringing up
interface eth0" it fails and says Insmod: Hint: insmod errors can be caused
by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters"

I have tried using tsetup (toshiba laptop cmos setup) to change the
external serial port to Com2, Com3 etc and finally disabled to prevent any
potential interrupt conflicts.  I have spent a couple of days researching
this on the net and with my friend and still have not found an answer.  If
anybody has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.  Thanks

Darin
--
If you want to reply by email just  lose the  n-o-s-p-a-m

2. Bounce Keys

3. Netgear FA411 PCMCIA 10/100 Network Driver?

4. msi 694D Pro-AR

5. NetGear FA411 Ethernet drivers

6. Open lpd printing to everyone?

7. RedHat 7.1 (kernel v2.4.2-2) and Netgear FA311

8. Ether16 NIC?

9. Netgear MR314 Router and a Redhat 7.1 Linux Box

10. Netgear FA311 (DP83815D rev:B1) and Redhat 7.1

11. NetGear FA311, RedHat 7.1, Frame Errors,RX Errors, Old computer

12. Mandrae 7.1 and Netgear FA 410 PCMCIA (driver?)