Anybody using a DW Printer?

Post by Norman Bashi » Fri, 22 Dec 1995 04:00:00

I have an old Diablo630-compatible daisy wheel printer that I'd like to
use with my Linux box.  I've hooked it up, and tried using lpr to print
after adding an entry for the printer in the printcap file -- nothing
happened.  So, I have to write an output filter for the printer -- the
only thing is, does anyone know what special control characters I need to
send to the printer to get it to print?

BTW, if anyone knows of any printer utilities for Linux for printing to a
Diablo-compatible daisy wheel printer, I'd appreciate a line about that
as well.

Thanks, folks.

Stormin' Norman

1. USB drivers for Olympus DW-90/DW-360?

Has anyone done any work on USB drivers for the Olympus DW-90/DW-360
digital audio recorders?  The USB subsystem on Linux can see them just
fine, it just doesn't know what to do with them.  Google searches have
come up with nothing so far.

Wouldn't be the end of the world, but it'd be nice if I could transfer
the samples to my Linux machine directly without having to use a Windows
machine as an intermediary first.

Thanks!

--

/  \ San Jose, CA, USA && 37 20 N 121 53 W && &tSftDotIotE
\__/ Love has no heart.

2. XMKMF and IMAKE want Imake.tmpl

3. anybody having a FAX solution using scanner, modem, printer?

4. mss-ldap, pam_ldap question

5. Anybody had sucesss with using an Epson Color Stylus II printer

6. WangDat 3100 and Sun created tapes

7. Can anybody correct this code that is used to get/set ARP entries and uses ioctl( )

8. Informix 5.0 for SCO with iBCS

9. Using printer as network printer

10. Printer setup using NetBSD-1.3 and HP 692c Deskjet Printer

11. Using a printer from the printer port of a term conn to a Unix comp

12. Different printer models using same printer

13. Printer feedback from PostScript printer using piobe?