Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller

Post by Garry Dixo » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

All,

Does anybody know if a driver exists for this controller under Linux.

I have searched the web and cannot find it anywhere, honest :)

Garry Dixon
Cromwell Business Systems Ltd

Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller

Post by (Eoin » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

        So far no. The ServRAID controller is PowerPC based and
there's nothing readily available yet. BUT, IBM and I have a call in
to RedHat regarding that very thing. RedHat's website is run by a
group of Netfinity 7000s so they might possibly have something under
development. I'll post something if I find anything out.

                --Eoin

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 14:07:14 -0000, Garry Dixon

>All,

>Does anybody know if a driver exists for this controller under Linux.

>I have searched the web and cannot find it anywhere, honest :)

>Garry Dixon
>Cromwell Business Systems Ltd

Addressable as Bullwinkle in the
commercial domain of mostlysunny

Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller

Post by Garry Dixo » Wed, 24 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Thanks for the response.  I would very much like to be kept upto date on
the status of a driver for this controller.

Garry Dixon

Conversation: Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller
Subject: Re: Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller

Post by Eddy Youn » Fri, 26 Mar 1999 04:00:00

> Thanks for the response.  I would very much like to be kept upto date on
> the status of a driver for this controller.

> Garry Dixon

I'd like to contribute to this thread with the following information.
IBM does sell the Netfinity's with Linux installed and technical
support. You might try to contact IBM for more information.

Eddy

Netfinity ServeRAID SCSI Controller

Post by (Eoin » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

        A friend and I are trying to find the name of the ServeRAID
hardware engineer. He (my friend) has met him on several occasions
when attending server seminars (my friend is a regional "Top Gun" for
IBM service), and that fellow may be able to tell us more about the
situation. Again, I'll post whatever I find (even if it's bad).

                        --Eoin

On Tue, 23 Mar 1999 19:33:03 -0000, Garry Dixon

>Thanks for the response.  I would very much like to be kept upto date on
>the status of a driver for this controller.

>Garry Dixon

1. IBM ServeRAID / Netfinity SCSI drivers

For those that are interested, IBM has a web site with BETA drivers for
the ServeRAID SCSI controllers.  Since I did NOT find this information
on a search I am posting it for all those who may need/want drivers for
these controllers or systems.  The address to check is:

  http://www.developer.ibm.com/welcome/netfinity/serveraid_beta.html

This was active as of 6/9/99.  I hope this is helpfull for everyone.

Larry Troth
Systems Engineer
The Unicode Group, Inc.
http://www.unicode.com

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

2. Easiest way to add user accounts

3. Driver for SCSI IBM ServeRAID for IBM Netfinity 5500 ?

4. free blocks !!

5. Driver for IBM ServeRaid SCSI Controller

6. WANTED: New Linux distribution (only a project at the moment)

7. IBM NetFinity 5000 + ServeRAID-3L

8. Old patch to use the 640-1024k memory?

9. Installing linux on IBM Netfinity 5000 server with 3L ServeRAID RAID

10. ServeRaid 4M with IBM netfinity and kernel 2.4.x

11. ServeRAID on IBM Netfinity with dualprocessors and Mandrak Linux 6.1

12. One SCSI controller is not recognized with another SCSI controller

13. ServeRAID controller problem